Data ScientistEntergy Corporation - Spring, TX
Primary Location: Texas-Woodlands
Job Function: Other
MRV Minimum Salary: $100,000.00
MRV Maximum Salary: $150,000.00
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Approved in accordance with the Entergy guidelines
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1.00
Req ID: 74683
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
This position can be located in New Orleans, LA or Houston, TX
The data scientist will support the growing analytical needs of the company as data collection efforts expand and use cases are identified. The primary duties of the position will include enhancing and optimizing current analytical techniques through business unit collaboration, development and deployment of higher order analytical techniques (and software) necessary to extract additional value from company-held data (data at rest as well as streaming) and assist with broadening the analytical knowledge base of the company.
Analysis performed by the position will be shared within Entergy to support the various initiatives underway that have an analytical need which will ultimately impact Entergy’s generation assets, load resources, customer view, and product and services offered to the customer.
* Develop, manage and deploy analytical solutions/tools that enable business units to unlock additional value from company-held data. * Be a champion for Entergy’s Analytics efforts both inside and outside of the organization, promoting collaboration and communication through business unit driven use cases whilst building the Entergy brand in the analytics space. * Represent Entergy on various industry forums such as UAI, EPRI, EEI, etc., and assist with developing and maintaining the internal POV on internal as well as external analytical capabilities from a build or buy perspective. * Be a thought-leader at Entergy for analytic issues and assist with developing and guiding citizen data scientists throughout various Entergy business units.
M.S. Degree in economics, mathematics , statistics, computer science, finance, engineering or other analytical field
Preferred: Ph.D. in economics, mathematics , statistics, computer science, finance, engineering or other analytical field
Experience required of the position
3+ years of programming or forecasting experience (machine learning algorithms, clustering techniques regression analysis etc) using analytical tools such as SAS, SPSS, R, Python, Matlab, Java etc
Preferred: 1+ years’ programming/forecasting experience working in the electric and/or gas utility sector.
Preferred: Ability to coach and train others on how to develop analytical insights.
Preferred: Awareness of vendor-provided analytical solutions in the utility sector.
Skills and abilities required of the position
* Strong background in a data driven environment that demonstrates ability to develop, build and deploy analytical solutions (machine learning algorithms, regression analysis etc) that create actionable insights. * Strong communicator both at technical and strategic levels * Experience discussing complex topics in a simple, easy-to-understand way * Demonstrated teamwork skills * Strong, demonstrated writing and presentation skills
Certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
Prefer candidates with programming /coding certificates in traditional analytical software such as SAS, R, Python, SPSS, Matlab, Java etc.
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Pre-employment Testing: One way that Entergy has found to identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs is through pre-employment testing. If this position does require an EEI test, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting. If you are invited to a test session, we strongly recommend you review and complete the practice test as well as review the testing brochure for your respective test. The test brochure will give you critical information on the test such as time allocated and number of questions. Also, keep in mind that the actual test is timed; you should practice timing yourself while doing the practice tests. The practice test information and test brochures can be located by going to the EEI website, http://www.eei.org/practicetests, Logon ID: entergy, password: practice test (2 words).
In addition to EEI testing there is also Fit-for-Duty testing which will identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs. If this position does require Fit-for-Duty testing, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting.
9 days 16 hours ago
applyData Scientist Entergy Corporation - Spring, TX, United States
We suffered an employee fatality in 2012 and a contractor fatality in 2013. In 2012, employee lost-time injuries increased over 2011. This safety performance is devastating. We are working to build greater safety awareness and a stronger safety culture. Achieving an accident-free work environment for our employees and contractors remains a top priority.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Data Scientist
- Data Acquisition Cross Sector Leader/Area Business Group Man...
- Information Architect
- Lead PostgreSQL Developer
View More Jobs in Spring, TX:
- View More Jobs in Spring, TX
- More Data Scientist Jobs in Spring, TX
- More IT Jobs in Spring, TX
- More Entergy Corporation Jobs in Spring, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Data Scientist Jobs in Texas
- More IT Jobs in Spring, TX
- More Entergy Corporation Jobs in Texas