Data Engineer - Mid LevelUSAA - Plano, TX
Data Engineer - Mid Level Job in Plano, TX at USAA
- Career Center
- About USAA
- Career Areas
- Life @ USAA
- Returning Applicants
IT JOBS AT USAA
- Search Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Developers-Programmers Jobs
- Data Engineer - Mid Level
Data Engineer - Mid Level Job
Job Number: R*******
Location: Plano, TX 75024,United States
Date Posted: 2018-05-23
Full Job Title: Data Engineer - Mid Level
Job Family: IT
Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Data Engineer - Mid Level for our Plano, TX facility.
Data Engineers are engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. Data Engineers primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). In addition, Data Engineers participate in design meetings and consult with business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs, and interact and sometimes direct third-party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives. This role is a solid, career-level role where functional and technical proficiency has been obtained, and incumbents display a depth of technical understanding within their respective areas of specialization allowing them to operate independently. Incumbents also display a proficiency that allows them to begin to mentor others (third party and internal resources) on procedural matters.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, weve been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, and weve ranked among Victory Medias Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isnt technical, its human. Here, we dont just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. Weve been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what its like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
- Independently installs, customizes and integrates commercial software packages.
- Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues.
- Works with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing.
- Learns to create system documentation/play books and attends requirements, design and code reviews.
- Receives work packages from manager and/or delegates.
- Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
- Resolves complex technical design issues.
- Creates system documentation/play book(s) and participates as a reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews.
- May serve as the subject matter expert on development techniques.
- Partners with experienced team members to develop accurate work estimates on work packages.
- May serve as a mentor on procedural matters to less experienced internal and third-party team members.
- May assist experienced team members with the delegation of work packages.
- Bachelors degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 4 or more years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical understanding within Business Intelligence, ETL, or Data engineering
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 3 years of operational experience in Linux environments (configuration, health checks, monitoring, etc.)
- 3 years of coding/scripting experience (Bash, Python, Perl, etc.)
- 3 years of experience working with relational databases. Advanced SQL knowledge, strong understanding of key database management concepts. Familiarity with a variety of databases (Oracle, UDB, DB2, SQL Server, etc.)
- 3 years of experience working with APIs to collect and/or ingest data.
- 3 years of infrastructure automation and orchestration experience.
- Proven ability to design, build, and operate a technology stack.
- Strong analytic and troubleshooting skills.
- Working experience with data security and privacy technologies (masking, encryption, tokenization) is preferred.
USAA Data Engineers create innovative solutions that impact our members. Collectively, we are:
- Curious and excited by new ideas
- Energized by a fast-paced environment
- Able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge technology
- Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but self-motivated
- Community-focused, dependable and committee
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
USAAs most valuable resource is our 28,000 employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.
Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing education.
We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have managers approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 05/29/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Join Our Talent Network
Search Videos by Job Description
Back to top
Frequently Asked Questions
Corporate Info & Media News Center Privacy Careers Accessibility Contact Us Site Map FAQs Site Terms
Copyright 2018 USAA.
USAA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. If youd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here. For USAAs Affirmative Action and EEO statement, please click here. Furthermore, USAA makes hiring decisions compliant with the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (LAMC 189.00).
USAA provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. USAA will provide reasonable accommodation when requested to enable completion of the online employment inquiry form or, if desired, an alternative method of inquiry. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please email *********************** for assistance.
USAA means United Services Automobile Association and its insurance, banking, investment and other companies. Banks Member FDIC. Investments provided by USAA Investment Management Company and USAA Financial Advisors Inc., both registered broker dealers.
DID ****** - 0514
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
24 days 6 hours ago
applyData Engineer - Mid Level USAA - Plano, TX, United States
Since 1922, USAA has served the military and their families. We were here yesterday and we'll be here tomorrow.For more than 85 years, USAA has been committed to service, loyalty, honesty and integrity. It's a strong culture that reflects the character of those we serve. In 1922, when 25 Army officers met in San Antonio and decided to insure each other's vehicles, they could not have imagined that their tiny organization would one day serve 6.4 million members and become the only fully integrated financial services company in America. The mission of the association is to facilitate the financial security of its members, associates, and their families through provision of a full range of highly competitive financial products and services; in so doing, USAA seeks to be the provider of choice for the military community.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Sr. Cyber Analyst
- Business Intelligence\/ETL Engineer Mid Level
- Senior Application Architect - Data Ecosystem
View More Jobs in Plano, TX:
- View More Jobs in Plano, TX
- More Data Engineer Mid Level Jobs in Plano, TX
- More IT Jobs in Plano, TX
- More USAA Jobs in Plano, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Data Engineer Mid Level Jobs in Texas
- More IT Jobs in Plano, TX
- More USAA Jobs in Texas