DSRD System AnalystPfizer Inc - Groton, CT
ROLE SUMMARY In Partnership with the Systems Enabling Senior System Analysts, this position will be responsible for system administration of the Drug Safety Research & Development Center of Emphasis (COE) and Pathology systems, building and maintaining Info Path and Share Point sites, as well as providing support for the equipment and network infrastructure within the DSRD labs and vivarium.
He/ She will become a subject matter expert in the business processes associated with the COE and Pathology systems.
He/ She will work alongside the system users to gain an in-depth knowledge of the business processes and how the systems support those business processes.
He/ She will collaborate with system owners, system users, Business Technology (BT) and the Systems Enabling team to recommend and implement changes to processes or systems to increase productivity and ease of system use.
This position will be accountable for creating/ updating business process and data flow maps.
He/ She will collaborate and partner with BT and BT Benchtop teams to develop, enhance, and implement multiple platforms of technology to enable DSRD business solutions.
He/ She will install, support, and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows based technology: Windows 7, Windows 10, and Windows servers 2008 and 2012.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES System Analyst and Administrator Function * Administrator for one or more DSRD systems * Works with Systems Enabling colleagues and BT to identify resources and actively participates in trouble shooting and contingency planning activities for critical systems.
• Responsible for the integrity, administration, operation, maintenance, and decommissioning of systems throughout the systems' lifecycle.
Subject matter expert for the business processes and systems assigned.
Collaborate with system users to recommend and implement changes to processes or systems to increase productivity and ease of system use.
Utilize Business Process Management tools and methodology to document business processes to help assess change and identify impact.
• Provide technical support in the implementation and validation of instrument interfaces * Ensure effective and optimal operation of DSRD systems on a day-to-day basis * Participate and/ or lead initiatives to evaluate and improve business processes through the use of DSRD systems * Actively participate in troubleshooting, change control, validation, disaster recovery, and contingency planning activities for DRSD systems, in partnership with BT colleagues * Assess new technology needs * Participate in creation of user/functional requirements and manage or execute projects on time based on requirements.
• Design/simplify interfaces to streamline data collection, support, and administration * Responsible for Installation Qualification/ Operational Qualification (IQ/OQ) execution when appropriate * Responsible for authoring user acceptance test (UAT) scripts and execution when appropriate * Promote the use of DSRD Quick Tickets and Utilize Service Center so we can trend the types of requests received per system (e.g.
How To questions and errors) and volume of tickets received Infrastructure Analyst Function: * In partnership with the Infrastructure Manager and BT, supports and maintains DSRD hardware and network infrastructure in the labs and vivarium.
• In partnership with the Infrastructure Manager, conducts an annual DSRD inventory of hardware, equipment, and instruments within the labs and vivarium (e.g.
; supporting an O/S upgrade, supporting Lab Leads with GLP compliance of instruments and equipment) * Performs information technology assessments to enhance and/or support new and existing systems that align with technology roadmaps.
• Ensures that the DSRD system infrastructure complies with BT and regulatory policies, processes and standards.
• Conducts research and makes recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of the DSRD and BT infrastructure strategy.
• Collaborates and partners with BT management and BT Benchtop teams to develop, enhance, and implement multiple platforms of technology to enable DSRD business solutions * Installs, supports, and troubleshoots Microsoft Windows based technology Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows servers 2008, 2012 QUALIFICATIONS Minimum Requirements * Bachelor's Degree in a business administration, science or technology field * 3 years experience managing systems in a regulated environment * Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies is required * Knowledge of older computer technology vs newer technology (e.g.
; interface, support, and troubleshooting Network connection, Serial connection, and USB connection, Serial - RJ45 conversion, etc.
) * Installs, supports, and troubleshoots Microsoft Windows based technology Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows servers 2008, 2012 * Info Path and Share Point experience * Knowledge and adherence to regulatory guidelines * 10-30% travel to global sites in order to effectively partner with system users and Business Technology Highly Desirable * Previous experience with using or supporting one or more of these business critical systems: , Ponemah, Columbus, , Visiopharm * Installation of instruments and equipment * Experience with VBA, .NET, SAS, SQL Server, Oracle, MS Access, CDISC Standards, Crystal Reports * Familiarity with the drug development process, DRSD Business Processes and the organization's strategic direction for technology * 3 years of relevant experience working in a GxP environment with a comprehensive understanding of regulatory requirements as they relate to systems is required * Knowledge of Wireless spectrum including Radio Frequency that may affect and interfere with animal implants, transponders, and receivers Additional Details: * Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus * Pfizer US Exempt grade 4 EEO & Employment Eligibility Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA.
Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Sunshine Act Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations.
These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure.
Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act.
Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government.
If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
10 days 22 hours ago
applyDSRD System Analyst Pfizer Inc - Groton, CT, United States
Good health is vital to all of us, and finding sustainable solutions to the most pressing health care challenges of our world cannot wait. That's why we at Pfizer are committed to applying science and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life. We strive to provide access to safe, effective and affordable medicines and related health care services to the people who need them.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Cisco CVP Technical Lead - Military veterans preferred
- Oracle Apps DBA - Military veterans preferred
- SOC Analyst - Military veterans preferred
- Oracle Forms
- Appian Developer/ Lead
View More Jobs in Groton, CT:
- View More Jobs in Groton, CT
- More DSRD System Analyst Jobs in Groton, CT
- More IT Jobs in Groton, CT
- More Pfizer Inc Jobs in Groton, CT
View More Jobs in Connecticut:
- View More Jobs in Connecticut
- More DSRD System Analyst Jobs in Connecticut
- More IT Jobs in Groton, CT
- More Pfizer Inc Jobs in Connecticut