Cyber Security EngineerJohnson Controls, Inc. - Birmingham, AL
Cyber Security Engineer - Federal Division
What you will do
Are you looking to grow your career in the rapidly growing cyber security industry? Our Huntsville based team is on the forefront of the industry servicing multiple branches of the military to provide energy management and security solutions while protecting some of the nations most critical networks. If you have a desire to make a difference supporting some of the nations finest military sites then wed like to talk with you.
Huntsville, AL site - working closely with the Army Corp of Engineers
Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
Eligible for 3 weeks of vacation per calendar year
Up to 35%
How you will do it
1. Work successfully in a multidisciplinary team environment
2. Communicate and document articulately technical issues to:
A) highly technical audiences to clarify technical tasks;
B) non-technical audiences with varying objectives
C) senior management to aid decision-making.
3. Coordinates and creates necessary IA documentation and artifacts for submittals and accreditation.
4. Performs security scans and risk assessment on secured systems
5. Keeps management and JCI customer informed of job progress and issues.
6. Assists in performing site-specific training for owner/operator on the accredited system.
7. Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee safety.
8. Responsible for assignments requiring knowledge in the DoD/DISA Information Assurance (IA) requirements and have knowledge of policies and processes, the DoD network environment, industry computer/security standards, and DoD Cyber security initiatives.
9. Assists in specialized technical subject matter expertise in the planning, and execution of the defense-in-depth security engineering, relevant technology and process development, implementation such as security testing, certification and accreditation, intrusion detection policy development, security baseline management as well as IA focused software development.
10. Utilize developed approach to achieve information assurance, certification and accreditation for Building Automation Systems and Electronic Security Systems. Use knowledge of ISSE, DIACAP, NIST, IA Program, Governance Policy & Directives and Instructions to complete projects
What we look for
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Cyber Security or equivalent experience. Graduate school coursework in a cyber security related field highly preferred.
2. Minimum of three (3) years experience with Information Assurance and Cyber Security required. Experience supporting the Air Force, Navy, or Army highly preferred
3. Must possess at least CompTIA Security Certification
4. The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
5. Ability to demonstrate advanced computer skills6. Ability to travel up to 35%
1. Five (5) years of experience developing cyber strategies for military leadership
2. Applicable understanding of NISPOM and DSS processes
3. Experience briefing and training military leadership or government personnel within a DoD agency Major Command
4. Experience developing proposals in response to cybersecurity requirements
5. Experience migrating DoD programs and products from DIACAP to RMF
6. Experience in DoD implementation of Risk Management Framework, FISMA, and DIACAP
7. Certified Information Systems Security Profectional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
8. Experience leading engineering teams comprised of internal and external members
9. Computing Environment Certification preferred
10. Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Certification or equivalent preferred
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit .
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
Johnson Controls is a global multi-industrial company with core businesses in the automotive, building and energy storage industries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products and services to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings, energy storage and interior systems for automobiles. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful.Johnson Controls, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process please call ************ and press option #0 or email **********************.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
6 days 5 hours ago
applyCyber Security Engineer Johnson Controls, Inc. - Birmingham, AL, United States
Johnson Controls, Inc. is engaged in building efficiency, automotive experience, and power solutions businesses worldwide. Its Building Efficiency segment designs, produces, markets, and installs integrated heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems, as well as building management systems, controls, and security and mechanical equipment. This segment also provides technical services, energy management consulting, and operations of real estate portfolios for the non-residential buildings market. In addition, this segment offers residential air conditioning and heating systems, and industrial refrigeration products. The companys Automotive Experience segment designs and manufactures interior products and systems for passenger cars and light trucks, including vans, pick-up trucks, and sport/crossover utility vehicles serving original equipment manufacturers. This segment offers seating systems and components; cockpit systems consisting of instrument panels and clusters, information displays, and body controllers; overhead systems, such as headliners and electronic convenience features; floor consoles; and door systems. The companys Power Solutions segment produces lead-acid automotive batteries, as well as offers absorbent glass mat and lithium-ion battery technologies for hybrid and electric vehicles. It serves automotive original equipment manufacturers and the general vehicle battery aftermarket. The company was formerly known as Johnson Electric Service Company and changed its name to Johnson Controls, Inc. in 1974. Johnson Controls, Inc. was founded in 1885 and is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- I&C Specialist / Control Engineer – Plant Gaston and Pla...
- Security Engineer -Birmingham, AL
- Security Engineer
View More Jobs in Birmingham, AL:
- View More Jobs in Birmingham, AL
- More Cyber Security Engineer Jobs in Birmingham, AL
- More Engineering Jobs in Birmingham, AL
- More IT Jobs in Birmingham, AL
- More Johnson Controls, Inc. Jobs in Birmingham, AL
View More Jobs in Alabama:
- View More Jobs in Alabama
- More Cyber Security Engineer Jobs in Alabama
- More Engineering Jobs in Birmingham, AL
- More IT Jobs in Birmingham, AL
- More Johnson Controls, Inc. Jobs in Alabama