Customer Service RepresentativeNebraska Furniture Mart - Omaha, NE
For over 75 years, Nebraska Furniture Mart has been a leader in providing affordable home furnishings to the Midwest area. Our motto is to improve people's lifestyles with quality services and products, and we are positive that our employees are the drivers behind our success. Nebraska Furniture Mart employs staff members who are dedicated and passionate about their work.
A career with us includes great opportunities for growth and advancement, day and evening shifts, competitive pay, and fantastic benefits. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to become a part of our winning team. Duties for this position would include:
Summary: Receive and resolve pre-delivery customer concerns by performing the following duties for Furniture, Appliances and Electronics.
Provides pre-delivery support to customers:
Assist in completing multiple types of transactions including cancellations, delivery times, account questions, set up deliveries, etc
• Check system for status of merchandise, work with appropriate business partners for updates and provide appropriate information and options
• Understand the difference between special orders, ship directs, stock items and part orders and be able to apply the appropriate guidelines, including multiple distribution methods.
• Ensure balances are paid by working with third party for on-line/telephone payments and handles bank card and other sensitive information according to established policy
• Change terms on non-delivered orders, understand current pricing levels and apply current promotions as needed
• Provide delivery times retrieving information from appropriate systems and have understanding of drivers responsibilities
• Work to save sales and negotiate with customer for any failed moments of truth in order to establish positive customer relations
• Understand and explain NFM extended service options and protection plans (upsell if appropriate).
• Assisting customer with NFM.com
• Answer general NFM inquiries
Complete computer entry, paper work, research and customer follow-up:
• Knowledge of sales orders, credit memos, credit adjustments and courtesy discounts
• Work with all areas of company and have basic knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures of NFM.
• Correctly utilizes all forms and resources including IMart, internet and escalation line.
• Collect documentation on company-wide opportunities and non-conformances and submit to management.
• Actively participate in Op Ex, Lean and Just Do Its as well as utilizing other process improvement tools
• Assist department with miscellaneous duties.
For benefits details, please see www.nfm.com/careers.
Applicable pre-employment testing required.
• High School Diploma or GED
• 6 months of customer service experience that has included answering customer questions and concerns on a regular, one-to-one basis
• Basic PC skills
• English/Spanish bilingual speakers preferred.
• Ability to work night, weekend and/or early morning hours based on business needs.
• Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, Internet Explorer and Outlook.
9 days 9 hours ago
applyCustomer Service Representative Nebraska Furniture Mart - Omaha, NE, United States
Nebraska Furniture Mart, a Berkshire Hathaway Company, is the largest home furnishing store in North America selling furniture, flooring, appliances and electronics. NFM was founded in 1937 by Mrs. B (Rose Blumkin) in Omaha, Nebraska. In 1983, Mrs. B sold a majority interest to Berkshire Hathaway. NFM now has three stores, located in Omaha, Nebraska, Kansas City, Kansas, and Des Moines, Iowa. A fourth store is expected to open in The Colony, TX in the spring of 2015. Born outside of Minsk, Russia, in 1893, Rose Gorelick followed her husband, Isadore Blumkin to America in 1917 to take on the American dream. By 1922, the young couple had scraped together enough money to have her family flee Russia and join them in America.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Customer Service Representative II
- Customer Service Representative
- Insuractive Customer Service Representative
- Call Center Customer Service Representative (Technical Suppo...
- Customer Service Representative (Full-Time, 2Nd Shift, Weeke...
View More Jobs in Omaha, NE:
- View More Jobs in Omaha, NE
- More Customer Service Representative Jobs in Omaha, NE
- More Customer Service Jobs in Omaha, NE
- More Nebraska Furniture Mart Jobs in Omaha, NE
View More Jobs in Nebraska:
- View More Jobs in Nebraska
- More Customer Service Representative Jobs in Nebraska
- More Customer Service Jobs in Omaha, NE
- More Nebraska Furniture Mart Jobs in Nebraska