Credit Risk Underwriter IIISovereign Bank - East Providence, RI
Credit Risk Underwriter III','1804168','!*!As a member of the Technology & Operations organization you will be part of the team that serves the needs of Santander Bank, N.A., including products and services for personal, business and corporate customers. Our people are at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to teamwork, and we encourage collaboration and innovation to be a smart, customer-focused and solutions-oriented organization
- The Technology Team supports the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of all banking systems. This team has the expertise and commitment to develop high-quality solutions to meet the needs of a fast-paced and complex operating environment.
- The Operations Team supports the processing for all the bank’s transaction channels. Each day, this team excels when faced with opportunities and challenges to make a meaningful, error-free difference for our customers.
[POSITION SUMMARY] Responsible for the review and approval/denial of loan applications in conformity with outside investor and bank underwriting guidelines. Responsibilities include training, mentoring, and supporting management objectives for projects and initiatives from a production perspective. Team member must have a strong ability to collaborate with Retail banking team members during the appeal process a must. Additionally, the position requires building and maintaining a solid loan portfolio in order for the bank to maximize and achieve solid performance results. Has acquired all the necessary skills to underwrite multiple types of loan applications.
[POSITION DUTIES] Establishes collaborative relationships with Retail. Call Centers, and Risk Management to successfully build the overall profitability for the bank. Keeps abreast of all industry changes, taking tests, attending online meetings and Underwriting conferences calls; reviews industry bulletins and memos to keep up to date on all changes. Reviews and approves/denies exception requests on loans up to Underwriters approved limits. Completes exception approval screens in system and works with internal partners on pricing. Works with account execs/processors/ closers from sales and operations staff on underwriting issues providing assistance with product inquiries and lending scenarios which may be complex. Builds a solid loan portfolio that increases the bank's growth while maintaining an acceptable of level of risk that balances loan approvals vs. delinquency and charge-offs. Reviews, analyzes, and renders credit decisions according to bank policies and procedures. Also ensuring decisions are made timely and within the published service levels.','!*!
Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
Minimum 2 years loan underwriting experience.
Knowledge of standard regulatory underwriting guidelines.','Std UW & Risk Analysis','Rhode Island-East Providence','','Consumer & Business Banking (1001)','Full-time','Jun 27, 2018','','false','Credit Risk Underwriter III
24 days 2 hours ago
applyCredit Risk Underwriter III Sovereign Bank - East Providence, RI, United States
Access our current and historical news, and learn about our investment in our communities and our history. At Sovereign Bank, we are committed to:
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Credit Risk Underwriter III
East Providence, RI
View More Jobs in East Providence, RI:
- View More Jobs in East Providence, RI
- More Credit Risk Underwriter III Jobs in East Providence, RI
- More Sovereign Bank Jobs in East Providence, RI
View More Jobs in Rhode Island:
- View More Jobs in Rhode Island
- More Credit Risk Underwriter III Jobs in Rhode Island
- More Sovereign Bank Jobs in Rhode Island