Controls EngineerXEROX Corporation - Webster, NY
Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works. Our expertise is more important than ever as customers of all sizes look to improve productivity, maximize profitability and increase satisfaction. We do this for small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers, and for our partners who serve them. We understand what’s at the heart of work – and all of the forms it can take. We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital. Office and mobile. Personal and social. Every day across the globe – in more than 160 countries – our technology, software and people successfully navigate those intersections. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.Learn more at www.xerox.com.
Packaging Controls Engineer responsible for supporting the Webster Consumables Manufacturing packaging operations. The WCMP is a 3x5 operation that manufactures toner and developer for color and B/W products. Responsibilities include troubleshooting and maintaining automated packaging equipment, performing equipment upgrades and working with plant personnel to meet production targets including uptime, throughput and yield objectives.
Knowledge and programming experience in industrial control systems, preferably Modicon and Allen-Bradley PLCs.
Troubleshooting automated equipment including robotic cells, vision systems, toner filling equipment, pick and place capping equipment, cartridge and carton date code printers, and conveyor equipment.
Strong problem solving and analytical skills that requires independent work on projects as well as interaction with the Packaging Engineering team, the industrial workforce, Site and Facilities Management and maintenance personnel.
Manage shop floor machine network and OPC servers
Utilize Lean Six Sigma tools to improve processes and equipment performance.
Maintain and modify controls programming for automated packaging equipment including PLCs, robotic cells, bar code scanning systems and the Fisher Provox/ABB process control DCS. Design, development and implementation of control systems and programming is also required.
Maintain and modify electrical systems including I/O for packaging equipment and robot cells, servo motors and drives, and continuous conveyor controls. Knowledge and understanding of instrumentation, sensors, signals and wiring practices is required.
Read and interpret instrumentation and device manuals and work with little or no direction.
Maintain and configure shop floor network and OPC servers
Drive and lead pack area innovation and continuous improvement projects
This position may require occasional ‘B’ & ‘C’ shift work.
Off-shift operations may also include some supervisory responsibilities.
· BS/MS Electrical Engineering or Industrial Engineering
· Production or Process engineering experience (minimum 2 yrs)
· Detail oriented, reliable with strong diagnostic and critical problem solving skills.
· Innovative with capability to lead continuous improvement activities
· Strong computing/PC skills (Windows, networking skills, MS Office)
· Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills.
· Experience in industrial control systems (Allen-Bradley and Modicon PLC programming preferred), power distribution and instrumentation.
· Ethernet IP networking knowledge preferred
· Project management skills preferred
· Statistical Process Control knowledge
· Lean Six Sigma
· Ability to read electrical schematics and PIDs
· Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code and OSHA requirements.Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.','United States-New York-Webster','','','','false','No','No','No','Regular','Controls Engineer
10 days 9 hours ago
Please review all application instructions before applying.
The one thing that’s predictable about business is that it’s fundamentally unpredictable. It’s disordered and constantly changing – sometimes by accident, sometimes by design. One thing successful businesses do to navigate through this unpredictability is make sure the technology, software and work processes that form the backbone of their organizations are operating as effectively and efficiently as possible.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Supervisory Civil Engineer
- Validation Engineer - Military veterans preferred
- Biomedical Engineer
- Sr. Controls Engineer
View More Jobs in Webster, NY:
- View More Jobs in Webster, NY
- More Controls Engineer Jobs in Webster, NY
- More Engineering Jobs in Webster, NY
- More XEROX Corporation Jobs in Webster, NY
View More Jobs in New York:
- View More Jobs in New York
- More Controls Engineer Jobs in New York
- More Engineering Jobs in Webster, NY
- More XEROX Corporation Jobs in New York