Controls EngineerTower International - Bluffton, OH
Provide the necessary Electrical Controls Engineering skills and leadership to the Engineering and Operations departments to achieve optimal levels of safety, quality, productivity and delivery to assure internal and external customer satisfaction.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a senior level position, which represents the attainment of specialized knowledge in breadth and depth. Understands advanced concepts within professional discipline. Applies knowledge and experience to complex situations. Recommends solutions to complex issues. Performs independently and uses experience to guide actions. Mentors less experienced colleagues.
- Support the Company''s mission, vision and values in performance of daily activities.
- Provide key input into the development of departmental strategic goals along with identifying key measurable to support the departmental goals.
- Maintain PLC based control systems for manufacturing automation and instrumentation.
- Program PLC ladder logic.
- Lead projects and assist skilled trades in electrical disciplines.
- Support operations in electrical/controls troubleshooting and continuous improvement activities.
- Generate wiring schematics and control drawings with AutoCAD, maintain all plant electrical prints.
- Work closely with engineering team to define system control needs.
- Select industrial control components, assist with MRO crib.
- Assist corporate controls in engineering changes and new programs.
- Guides design, develops and tests electrical control methods, materials, processes and results.
- Champion assigned engineering changes communicate and coordinate accordingly to all departments.
- Train, coach and mentor the electrical controls process for controls engineers, manufacturing and skilled trades colleagues.
- Support plant activities towards achieving customer awards and Quality registration (ex. TS 16949, ISO 14001, etc.)
- Direct and/or participate in root cause analysis and team problem solving activities (ex. 8D reports, department meetings, etc.).
- Responsible for adhering to all internal and OSHA required safety procedures in performing daily work activities.
- Assure all safety devices are properly in place and utilized and verify individual usage of personal protective equipment (PPE) by the work team.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ex. Quality Policy Manual, Colleague Handbook, Level II Procedures etc.)
Reports directly to the Engineering Manager. Interfaces on a frequent basis with Operations, Materials, Tool and Die, and Quality. Interfaces on an as needed basis with HR, IT, Purchasing, Accounting, Maintenance and corporate Engineering.
- Ability to identify, select, train and coach engineering talent.
- Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
- Bachelor''s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Master''s Degree preferred.
- Minimum six (6) or more years of related technical, hands on experience.
- Experienced controls engineer with working knowledge of appropriate electrical controls and safety engineering standards, and industry practices.
- Working knowledge of PLC hardware and Ladder Logic programming.
- Excellent hands on electrical/mechanical aptitude.
- Computer literacy and good knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Understanding electrical/controls circuitry and schematics.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of Ethernet, factory automation systems (Activplant) and server networking.
- Knowledge of NEC and general machine safety, electrical safety and machine guarding components; high level of safety awareness (RIA and OSHA}.
- Knowledge of ANSI standards for presses and assembly machines.
- Knowledge of factory information system.
- Specialized knowledge of the following electrical/mechanical components:
- Optical/Inductive/Capacitive sensors
- Motors and drive systems
- Contactors, starters, relays, switches
- Power supplies and transformers
- Electrical enclosures and wiring devices.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to read and write in English and perform mathematical calculations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Duties include but are not limited to: stand, walk, twist, bend, lift, see, talk, and hear. May be required to travel. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration and hazardous materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by colleagues assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions.
Bluffton, Ohio, United States
22 days 22 hours ago
applyControls Engineer Tower International - Bluffton, OH, United States
Tower International is a leading integrated global manufacturer of engineered structural metal components and assemblies. The company supplies the automotive industry with body-structure stampings, frames and other chassis structures, as well as complex welded assemblies for small and large cars, crossovers, pickups and SUVs. We are well diversified geographically, which positions us to participate in growth opportunities as they occur over time around the world and mitigates the impact of regional production fluctuations on our business.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Quality Assurance Manager
- Process & Quality Engineer Co-Op
- Senior Manager, Quality Generalist
- Quality Engineer
- Controls Engineer
View More Jobs in Bluffton, OH:
- View More Jobs in Bluffton, OH
- More Controls Engineer Jobs in Bluffton, OH
- More Engineering Jobs in Bluffton, OH
- More Tower International Jobs in Bluffton, OH
View More Jobs in Ohio:
- View More Jobs in Ohio
- More Controls Engineer Jobs in Ohio
- More Engineering Jobs in Bluffton, OH
- More Tower International Jobs in Ohio