Contract Administration Master Data SpecialistMarathon Petroleum Corporation - Denver, CO
Company Name: MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P.
Driver's License Required: Yes
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Hourly Non-Exempt
Primary focus of this position is the master data set up of Business Associates (Vendors, Customers, Suppliers, and Counterparties) into MarkWest's Company Database, Oracle, Quorum ESuite and Right Angle systems. Administering ongoing Business Associate maintenance, as well as updating the Business Associate procedure manual and maintaining Business Associate forms while considering new ways to improve and promote data quality. Focus also includes Master Data set up and maintenance of MarkWest Employees in Oracle HR Foundation, AFE Workflow, iExpense, and Contract Request Management Systems according to the Grant of Authority policy.
• Timely and accurate data entry of all Business Associates and Employee information in multiple MarkWest systems.
• Troubleshoot end-user system inquiries and provide solutions to global cross-reference set up.
• Ongoing and periodic maintenance of Master Data to ensure data integrity and uniformity.
• Work with appropriate team members and departments to resolve Master Data issues in an efficient and timely manner.
• Assist in testing change requests affecting Master Data and associated systems
• Assist in creating process documentation and making recommendations for improvements.
• Assist in creating templates to be used for data input and management.
• Raise issues and risks to appropriate team members relating to Master Data and impacts in other business areas.
• Adheres to data governance and guideline principles.
• Assist with timely and accurate entry of contract related data into company databases, specifically confirmations and Marketing Contracts. Work closely with the Contract Administration team and Supervisor to ensure compliance with Master Data guidelines and policies.
• Develop and maintain reports which provide key information regarding contracts and Master Data that key internal stakeholders require.
• Additional duties include assistance with filing, special projects and mailings.
• Assist in all other duties as assigned
DEPARTMENT CORE COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this position are required to demonstrate the following job-related competencies in performance of this role:
• Customer Focus
• Results Oriented
• Detail Oriented
• Team Focus
• Critical Thinking
• Knowledge necessary to perform in the position is generally acquired through a Bachelor's Degree in business or accounting.
• Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail and is process oriented.
• Able to prioritize competing deadlines and multiple actionable items.
• One year of experience in midstream energy industry preferred
• Background in Master Data setup and maintenance, or contract administration data input preferred
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well under pressure
• Good communications skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to work well with cross functional teams
• Ability to make good, logical and timely decisions
• Highly self-motivated, working with minimal direction
Requires sitting throughout most of the day, interspersed with short trips throughout the office as needed to file, print, etc.
Primarily in an office environment.
Materials and Equipment Used:
Personal computer, phone, fax and copier.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Headquartered in Findlay, Ohio, Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) operates an integrated refining, marketing and transportation system.
MPC is the nation's third-largest refiner, with a crude oil refining capacity of approximately 1.8 million barrels per calendar day in its seven-refinery system. Marathon brand gasoline is sold through approximately 5,500 independently owned retail outlets across 19 states. In addition, Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates the nation's second-largest convenience store chain, with approximately 2,730 convenience stores in 21 states.
Through subsidiaries, MPC owns the general partner of MPLX LP, a midstream master limited partnership. MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P., a wholly owned subsidiary of MPLX LP, is one of the largest processors of natural gas in the U.S. MPC owns, leases or has ownership interests in approximately 10,800 miles of crude and light product pipelines and more than 5,600 miles of gas gathering and natural gas liquids (NGL) pipelines.
MPC's fully integrated system provides operational flexibility to move crude oil, NGLs, feedstocks and petroleum-related products efficiently through the company's distribution network and midstream service businesses in the Midwest, Northeast, East Coast, Southeast and Gulf Coast regions.
Job Function: MarkWest
Travel Expected: None
If you have visited our site in search of information on U.S. employment opportunities and require an accommodation to submit your application, please contact the MPC EEO/Compliance Office at 866-492-7802. Note that we only accept resumes and applications for posted positions.
Marathon Petroleum Company LP (MPC) is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status or other legally protected status.
18 days 5 hours ago
applyContract Administration Master Data Specialist Marathon Petroleum Corporation - Denver, CO, United States
Marathon Petroleum Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, is engaged in refining, transporting, and marketing petroleum products primarily in the United States. It operates through three segments: Refining & Marketing, Speedway, and Pipeline Transportation. The company refines crude oil and other feed stocks at its seven refineries in the Gulf Coast and Midwest regions of the United States; and purchases ethanol and refined products for resale. Its refined products include gasoline, distillates, propane, feed stocks and special products, heavy fuel oil, and asphalt. The company is headquartered in Findlay, Ohio.Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is in the business of creating value for our shareholders through the quality products and services we provide for our customers. We strongly believe how we conduct our business is just as integral to our bottom line. As a result, we strive to always act responsibly with those who work for us, with those business partners who work with us, and in every community where we operate.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Manager, Contract Administration & Records Compliance
- Tax Consultant Fulltime (Accounting)- Denver (Summer/Fall)
- Assoc. Manager - Financial Compliance & Administration
View More Jobs in Denver, CO:
- View More Jobs in Denver, CO
- More Contract Administration Master Data Specialist Jobs in Denver, CO
- More Accounting Jobs in Denver, CO
- More Marathon Petroleum Corporation Jobs in Denver, CO
View More Jobs in Colorado:
- View More Jobs in Colorado
- More Contract Administration Master Data Specialist Jobs in Colorado
- More Accounting Jobs in Denver, CO
- More Marathon Petroleum Corporation Jobs in Colorado