Continuous Improvement/Operations Systems EngineerAMETEK, Inc. - NC, USA
Job ID #: 10724
Location: US - North Carolina - Pineville
Functional Area: Engineering
Division: PIP - Process & Analytical Instruments
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 0
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with 2016 sales of $4 billion. AMETEK has over 15,000 colleagues at more than 150 manufacturing locations around the world. Supporting those operations are more than 100 sales and service locations across the United States and in 30 other countries around the world.
The Continuous Improvement/Operations Systems Engineer will support the Controls Southeast (CSI) Business
Welcome to CSI!
The Steam Tracing and Steam Jacketing Experts
CSI provides ControTrace® steam tracing solutions to heat process piping, tanks, & vessels; and CSI provides ControHeat® steam jacketing solutions to heat valves and instruments used in the petrochemical, chemical, and processing industries. CSI also provides the SxSeal™ above-ground sulfur seal solution, pre-insulated tubing bundles, and many more engineered thermal maintenance solutions.
The Continuous Improvement/Operations Systems Engineer will be responsible for developing and implementing processes in operations that improve the safety and efficiency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Identifies bottlenecks in operations processes and implements new practices to eliminate those bottlenecks.
• Constantly evaluates production process to continuously improve throughput efficiency.
• Develop tools that will streamline forecasting and production planning capability and efficiency
• Develop a system/tools that will allow live product tracking through the production facility.
• Ensuring that all employees stay current on their job specific safety training.
• Collect all of CSI’s environmental data and then report that to the appropriate authority.
• Draft Job Safety Analysis’s (JSA’s) for all hazardous jobs in our facility.
• Create, revise, improve, and maintain all CSI safety procedures.
• Ensure all tasks on CSI's corporate safety compliance tracker remain current.
• Provide training to CSI employees on Lean manufacturing concepts and principles
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and/or Experience
Mechanical, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering Technology, or Systems Engineering preferred
Previous experience with Lean manufacturing principles
• Ability to create well-written, grammatically correct documents
• Effective communications skills to ensure good dialogue internally and with clients
• Comfortable while speaking with employees and management about technical concepts
• Good follow up and customer service skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Basic algebra and geometry.
• Must be able to formulate effective strategy which allows for successful project execution, maintaining and exceeding financial profitability, and ensuring schedule is maintained or exceeded
• Microsoft Office with Excel knowledge
Other Skills and Abilities
• Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
• Ability to properly prioritize tasks and work under pressure
• Ability to adapt to different personality styles
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The noise level in the production areas will be loud.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
18 days 11 hours ago
applyContinuous Improvement/Operations Systems Engineer AMETEK, Inc. - , NC, United States
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annualized sales of $3.5 billion. AMETEK has nearly 14,000 colleagues at over 120 manufacturing locations around the world. Supporting those operations are more than 80 sales and service locations across the United States and in more than 30 other countries around the world.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Senior FMS Continuous Improvement Manager
- Operations Quality Engineer (FMF)
Fort Worth, TX
- Senior Manager- Continuous Improvement (Arthur, IL)
View More Jobs in North Carolina:
- View More Jobs in North Carolina
- More Continuous Improvement Operations Systems Engineer Jobs in North Carolina
- More Engineering Jobs in NC, USA
- More IT Jobs in NC, USA
- More AMETEK, Inc. Jobs in North Carolina