Continuous Improvement EngineerPerrigo Company - Burlington, VT
Engineering/Technical Operations • Georgia, Vermont
A Continuous Improvement/Project Engineer at Perrigo serves as the Site or Business Unit Continuous Improvement consultant who instills a Process Excellence culture through involving and educating all levels and functions of employees in Lean Sigma principles, concepts, methodology, initiatives and tools. This position will align with site/business unit leadership and Corporate Black Belts to provide leadership and oversight for initiatives which facilitate and drive change to improve efficiency, and effectiveness, bottom line performance of the site or business area and build a quality-focused culture of continuous improvement. This position will also support capital investment projects via the role of Project Engineer.
- Works with business units and/or site leadership teams using Lean Sigma tools and analytical skills to identify and prioritize Continuous Improvement projects or activities; identify stakeholders and resources; reprioritize as necessary to address changes in business.
- Facilitates cross-functional and site foundational elements, projects and project teams, ensure appropriate Lean Sigma principles, concepts, methodology & tools are applied throughout the project, ensure employee involvement and engagement at all levels/functions and provide governance to ensure improvements are measured and sustained.
- Designs and implements site or business unit Lean Sigma Strategy and program elements and framework to keep pace with growth and business changes. Develop project plans with business managers, including site resource identification and alignment, milestones, deliverables, project prioritization and tracking and governance.
- Develops and provides, lean and six sigma training at the site. Identify training and communication requirements for the site and/or business unit project. Identify and secure resources. Assess Lean Sigma site maturity and recommend improvement actions.
- Reviews summaries and provides direction on project report-outs to local steering team.
- Mentors, influences and acts as consultant for leaders to facilitate culture change. Ensures alignment on initiatives, Lean Sigma principles, concepts and methodology within the site or business unit and aligns to the overall Lean Sigma program via alignment to CIPO team. Act as coach for Project teams and Green Belts on projects and initiatives.
- Plays an independent role in the development and implementation of capital projects and functions as project engineer and project manager by providing work direction to project teams and allied support groups while interfacing with multiple departments, consultants, and contractors.
- Performs engineering activities in support of design and construction of capital projects and performs complex engineering tasks in the development and implementation of equipment installations, process improvement, and facility, utility, and maintenance related projects.
- Organizes and generates relevant data and prepares project scopes, cost estimates, economic justifications, and capital appropriation requests, as required, to obtain management approval. Selects equipment, prepares specifications, assembles design documentation, procures equipment, and coordinates installation and start-up activities for systems and equipment.
- Must possess a bachelor degree in Engineering or a closely aligned field combined with Lean Sigma or Six Sigma certification (or capability and desire to complete a Black Belt certification within 18 months following appointment) and a minimum of 2 years of experience in Lean or Six Sigma role with a demonstration of results.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated skills in Lean Sigma.
- Must be a high performer with the ability to influence site and/or business unit leadership and functional teams to change through collaboration.
- Leadership abilities including strong communication and listening skills are required. Advanced analytical and problem solving skills are necessary.
- Strong planning skills and the ability to work independently on multiple projects with cross-functional teams is essential. Must be able to demonstrate leading successful process improvement projects.
- Familiarity with statistical software and proficiency with MS Office and SAP are preferred.
- Demonstrated experience within a FDA current GMP regulated environment as well as capital project management experience strongly preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
Internal applicants can apply by end of day 2/17/2018 to be considered.
Internal applicants' direct supervisor and senior management will be notified by the talent acquisition team upon candidacy.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
9 days 8 hours ago
applyContinuous Improvement Engineer Perrigo Company - Burlington, VT, United States
Headquartered in Ireland, Perrigo Company plc is a leading global healthcare supplier that develops, manufactures and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) and generic prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, infant formulas, nutritional products, animal health, dietary supplements, active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), and medical diagnostic products and receives royalties from Multiple Sclerosis drug Tysabri®.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Supply Chain Project Engineer (2)
- Continuous Improvement Engineer
- Configuration Manager
- Test Equipment Engineer
View More Jobs in Burlington, VT:
- View More Jobs in Burlington, VT
- More Continuous Improvement Engineer Jobs in Burlington, VT
- More Engineering Jobs in Burlington, VT
- More Perrigo Company Jobs in Burlington, VT
View More Jobs in Vermont:
- View More Jobs in Vermont
- More Continuous Improvement Engineer Jobs in Vermont
- More Engineering Jobs in Burlington, VT
- More Perrigo Company Jobs in Vermont