Computational Scientist JobScience Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) - Aberdeen, MD
Computational Scientist (Job Number:433314)
- Assist the user community within the High Performance Computing Modernization Program (HPCMP), DoD Supercomputing Resource Centers (DSRC) to effectively and efficiently utilize HPC assets, especially at the Army Research Laboratory (ARL) DSRC located at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD.
- The successful candidate will monitor daily/monthly/yearly usage trends under variously prioritized workloads for non-optimal consumption of resources and periodically following up with affected groups. The candidate will provide hands- on support to the user community regarding optimal use of DSRC infrastructure and assist users with adapting their codes to new HPC platforms.
- This will include the installation and support of COTS, GOTS, and open support software for general customer use and one-on one user support.
- The candidate will also provide oversight and second- level support to the DSRC Help Desk staff as required to assure prompt and accurate resolution of user assistance requests and will closely monitor job scheduler issues and configurations on allocated clusters as they relate to lost productivity.
- The Candidate will provide weekly updates to customer staff meetings and provide constant communication to SAIC leadership.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and 9+ years or more experience; OR, High School equivalent and 13+ years of experience.
- Must currently posses a Secret clearance OR be eligible to obtain an Interim Secret clearance prior to starting.
- Experience working in complex HPC cluster architectures and storage implementations.
- Experience working with IBM, Cray or SGI supercomputing technologies.
- Possess thorough knowledge of HPC job scheduling concepts and applications, especially with scheduling products from Altair (PBSPro).
- Experience working knowledge of scientific programming applications in an HPC environment.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively interact with a highly skilled technical HPC support staff and users, internal staff, and management.
- Candidate will work along the side of leading HPC staff and researchers working to solve DoD's most critical mission challenges.
- Develop and submit deliverables and reports to include the collection and reporting of metrics on accounts performance for weekly and monthly reporting to SAIC and Government management.
- Identify processes, systems and/or applications or code that will improve center functions selection
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work in a dynamic work environment, and persistence to follow-through on tasks in the face of obstacles
- Ability to work as part of a multi-faceted team, and leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- High Performance Computing experience a huge plus
- ITIL Certification is a plus
- DoD8750 Certification is a plus
- A good understanding of user account provisioning is a plus
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
JOB POSTING: Jan 8, 2018, 10:04:15 PM
PRIMARY LOCATION: United States-MD-ABERDEEN
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST CURRENTLY POSSESS: None
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN: Secret
POTENTIAL FOR TELEWORKING: No
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the time
SHIFT: Day Job
9 days 11 hours ago
applyComputational Scientist Job Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) - Aberdeen, MD, United States
The setting for SAIC's startup in 1969 was not much different than that of many companies that begin with a few dollars and a good idea. Small, austere offices with rented desks and typewriters that have seen better days. People furiously working days, nights and weekends, hoping to curb the anxiety over the future. For SAIC, it began in offices with a tremendous ocean view (rented for $2.40 per square foot per year) in the sleepy village of La Jolla, California. "We had the added advantage of having as our next-door neighbor, a ballet studio," recalls founder J. Robert Beyster, Ph.D. "On the balcony in front of us, just to keep things light-hearted, the ballerinas would dance by as we did our research."
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Proteomic Research Scientist / Post Doctoral -Proteomics
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
- Computer Scientist
View More Jobs in Aberdeen, MD:
- View More Jobs in Aberdeen, MD
- More Computational Scientist Job Jobs in Aberdeen, MD
- More Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) Jobs in Aberdeen, MD
View More Jobs in Maryland:
- View More Jobs in Maryland
- More Computational Scientist Job Jobs in Maryland
- More Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) Jobs in Maryland