Compliance SpecialistLowe's. - Wilkesboro, NC
Purpose of Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to support the Lowe’s Compliance Consultant Position in serving as an internal highly specialized expert for store compliance requirements, applicable renewable permits, and violation inspections for USHI locations. Additionally, this role is to be the REEC knowledge expert in various jurisdictional (local, state, federal) requirements providing effective analysis and reporting to minimize risk and company exposure by leveraging additional internal resources/departments, management of compliance/violations, and pursuing resolutions with Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
• Support the Lowe’s Compliance Consultant Position in efforts for compliance in retail store facilities for building, site, and operational requirements, permits, and inspections, as necessary for seamless operation and/or resolution to compliance issues.
• Maintain knowledge of building systems (examples, and not limited too) - ADA guidelines, generators, fire sprinkler systems, life safety, light pollution, and noise pollution in various local, state, and federal jurisdictions for effective analysis and reporting to reduce Lowe’s exposure of non-compliance situations.
• Accountable for conducting periodic compliance reviews and audits to assure adherences to requirements.
• Manage the process of receiving incoming Notice of Violation (NOV) for non-compliance issues and AHJ inspections. Utilize applicable internal departments processes, establish communication standards, manage, document, and report the complete resolution to NOV.
• Interactions with Lowe’s legal (internal and external), AHJ (Authorities Having Jurisdiction)/Governing Agencies, Lowe’s Loss Prevention/Store Operations, and internal REEC Departments.
• Responsible for proactively reviewing and communicating new legal and other compliance requirement changes to the Compliance Consultant Position, Facilities Management, E&C, Real Estate teams.
• Provide input on maintenance and inspection programs related to compliance requirements.
• Develop positive relationships with regulatory agencies and industry advocacy groups.
• Assist in resolving potential non-compliance enforcement actions, claim disputes, and provide support/documentation in defense litigation.
• Support in renewal application process, compliance events, and inspections to ensure Lowe’s remains in compliance with AHJ requirements.
• Support and complete reports, documentation, and record keeping as required by AHJ.
• Associates Degreein Business, Communications, Government Relations, Construction Management, Building Systems Technical Degree or related field plus 6 years of experience in the following: Process management, Strong written and verbal communication skills, Managing legal/regulatory requirements, and Working cross-functionally
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, Government Relations, Construction Management, Building Systems Technical Degree or related field plus 2 years of experience in the following: Technical knowledge of various codes and requirements for commercial building and site development and Experience in interpertation and application of technical compliance testing reports in the building and site development field.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $65.0 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,370 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 290,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Line of Business:
0201 - E&C Design and CI
Employment Type I:
Employment Type II:
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
6 days 10 hours ago
applyCompliance Specialist Lowe's. - Wilkesboro, NC, United States
Lowe’s has been helping our customers improve the places they call home for more than 60 years. Founded in 1946, Lowe’s has grown from a small hardware store to the second-largest home improvement retailer worldwide. Our story began in North Carolina, when Carl Buchan, part owner of the North Wilkesboro Hardware Company, envisioned creating a chain of hardware stores. He purchased the company from his brother-in-law and partner and had the foresight to anticipate a post-World War II building boom. By eliminating wholesalers and dealing directly with manufacturers, Lowe’s established a lasting reputation for low prices.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Compliance Specialist - Military veterans preferred
View More Jobs in Wilkesboro, NC:
- View More Jobs in Wilkesboro, NC
- More Compliance Specialist Jobs in Wilkesboro, NC
- More Compliance Jobs in Wilkesboro, NC
- More Lowe's. Jobs in Wilkesboro, NC
View More Jobs in North Carolina:
- View More Jobs in North Carolina
- More Compliance Specialist Jobs in North Carolina
- More Compliance Jobs in Wilkesboro, NC
- More Lowe's. Jobs in North Carolina