Communications Manager, Community InvestmentComcast - Philadelphia, PA
Communications Manager, Community Investment
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast is seeking a Manager of Communications to join the Corporate Community Investment team to help develop and execute our communications efforts and elevate the Comcast NBCUniversal brand and deepen the company's philanthropic reputation. This individual will support internal and external communications strategies and leverage resources companywide in support of initiatives that further Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment to digital inclusion, building skills for the digital economy, innovation and entrepreneurship, and employee engagement and volunteerism. The individual will report to the Senior Director of Communications, and partner with stakeholders across the company to help integrate communications strategies. The role requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with quickly-shifting priorities. The ideal candidate will have broad corporate communications experience and knowledge of corporate responsibility programs.
- Work with community impact partners to develop audience-focused communications to support key milestones, program and partnership events, and launches, including Comcast Cares Day and the Employee Giving Campaign, as well as technology-based social good initiatives.
- Draft and edit web copy, feature articles and blogs, press releases, PowerPoint presentations, scripts, talking points, leadership messages, and other communications as relates to both internal and external outreach. Ensure messages are appropriately written for targeted audiences.
- Manage creation of communication plans and toolkits with extensive written and visual materials to ensure consistent messaging and tactics throughout Comcast Cable, corporate and NBCUniversal where appropriate.
- Create and manage content for employee intranet and corporate website. Serve as liaison to Corporate Communications, Internal Communications, and Employee Resource Group groups.
- Oversee sharing of content on multiple platforms throughout Comcast and NBCUniversal, and identify additional platforms.
- Help create and manage day-to-day social media content to drive awareness and drive social media strategy around particular events or initiatives.
- Partner with internal teams companywide to develop extended network of communicators to assist in creating turnkey processes for distribution of communications.
- Monitor metrics to identify trends and best practices that drive improved communications activity.
- Manage contracted resources as needed, including creative agencies, graphic designers, video production agencies. Implement Comcast NBCUniversal branding guidelines and monitor usage of Comcast NBCUniversal logo.
-Project manage corporate Community Investment events taking place at Comcast headquarters.
- Assist in coordinating the external engagement of the company's leadership team as it relates to communications, including drafting and editing talking points, presentations and other communications materials.
- Help oversee calendar of Community Investment events and priorities, partnering with internal teams.
-Identify gaps in visual assets (photography and videos) that support communication goals. Oversee archiving of existing vast photography assets.
-Generally requires 7 to 11 years of related experience with internal communications or corporate communications in a corporate environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, or other related field majors.
-Social media strategy experience.
-Graphic design experience with Photoshop, InDesign, or related software is highly desirable.
-Superior written communications skills.
-Ability to write quickly, distilling concepts into key messages for multiple audiences.
-Demonstrated ability to develop effective partnerships across the organization at all levels.
-Knowledge of content management tools to effectively manage and disseminate communications toolkits and other materials.
- Proficient in the utilization of all Microsoft Office Suite programs, including, but not limited to Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook; Photoshop and other graphic design skills a plus
- Exercise consistent independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Identify and coordinate community event communications on contributions and sponsorships designed to support business objectives and policy initiatives as designated by the company.
- Exhibit regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
40 days 4 hours ago
applyCommunications Manager, Community Investment Comcast - Philadelphia, PA, United States
Comcast Corporation operates as a media and technology company worldwide. It operates through Cable Communications, Cable Networks, Broadcast Television, Filmed Entertainment, and Theme Parks segments. The Cable Communications segment offers video, high-speed Internet, and voice services to residential and business customers under the XFINITY brand name. This segment also provides business services, such as cellular backhaul services to mobile network operators; Ethernet network services; and online advertising services. The Cable Networks segment operates national cable networks, which provide entertainment, news and information, and sports content; regional sports and news networks; international channels; and cable television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Broadcast Television segment operates NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, NBC and Telemundo owned local broadcast television stations, and broadcast television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Filmed Entertainment segment produces, acquires, markets, and distributes live-action and animated filmed entertainment under the Universal Pictures, Focus Features, and Illumination names. This segment also develops, produces, and licenses stage plays, as well as owns digital media properties. The Theme Parks segment operates theme parks; studios; Island of adventures; and a dining, retail, and entertainment complex. Comcast Corporation was founded in 1963 and is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Senior Marketing and Communications Project Manager
- Internal Communications Specialist - Risk, Financial & A...
- Corporate Communications Manager I - Military veterans prefe...
Mount Laurel, NJ
- Investor Relations Administrator Private Equity
- Marketing Manager
View More Jobs in Philadelphia, PA:
- View More Jobs in Philadelphia, PA
- More Communications Manager Community Investment Jobs in Philadelphia, PA
- More PR Jobs in Philadelphia, PA
- More Comcast Jobs in Philadelphia, PA
View More Jobs in Pennsylvania:
- View More Jobs in Pennsylvania
- More Communications Manager Community Investment Jobs in Pennsylvania
- More PR Jobs in Philadelphia, PA
- More Comcast Jobs in Pennsylvania