Communications InternAmeriprise Financial, Inc. - Minneapolis, MN
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of managing our clients’ finances — we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential, too. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.
As part of the Communications team, the intern will work on a wide variety of communication projects focused on developing skills needed as they begin a career in communications or in public relations.
Ameriprise Financial does not offer internships for students with F-1 visas.
Opportunities available within this internship may include:
• Writing, editing and proofing communications targeted to financial advisors and employees (news and feature articles, memos, etc.) as well as content for the Ameriprise newsroom including feature stories, commentary and story ideas
• Developing targeted media pitches for consumer and trade publications
• Conducting research on current trends and interviews (phone, online, etc.)
• Preparing communications plans
• Assisting with events such as town halls and broadcasts
• Reviewing and editing news releases and other communications
• Creating and updating media lists
• Assisting with media outreach in local markets
• Assist in prepping Ameriprise spokespeople including senior leaders and financial advisors
• Being proactive in helping PR team develop new media strategies
• Media training
• Assisting with Ameriprise_News Twitter account
• Networking with other summer interns and people across the company
• Attend team and department meetings where you connect with other communications and marketing professionals
• Exposure to Ameriprise executives at internship events
• Ability to participate in employee resource networks, including the Young Professionals Network
• Learning about a variety of career paths
• Participating in regularly scheduled calls with PR agency
• Current Junior pursuing a major in journalism, public relations or communications.
• Excellent academic performance; a minimum of a 3.0 GPA.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Effective project management.
• High level of self-motivation with strong integrity and ethics.
• Ability to influence and strong relationship management skills.
• Demonstrated leadership focus with ability to drive results.
• Creative, strategic, and flexible skill sets.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
• Experience (or strong interest) in interacting with media.
• Knowledge of different communications formats and vehicles.
• Dynamic interpersonal and consultative skills.
• Interest in pursuing a career in PR / media relations or communications, with a preferred interest in the financial services industry.
• Marketing, journalism and PR / media relations coursework and/or experience is a plus.
Apply for this job at http://ameriprise.contacthr.com/58156088
View More Ameriprise Jobs
6 days 22 hours ago
applyCommunications Intern Ameriprise Financial, Inc. - Minneapolis, MN, United States
Ameriprise Financial is a global financial leader. Integrity has been a core value since we were founded by John Tappan in 1894. It's how, through panics, recessions, the Great Depression and the recent Great Recession, we've grown into a global financial leader. We've never taken a bailout. Never lost our focus on our clients. That's who we are. During trying economic times our strength, integrity, our breadth of services and personal relationships have made us America’s leader in financial planning.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Marketing Communications Internship
Saint Paul, MN
- Community Relations & Internal Communications Intern Job
- Communications and Public Relations Intern
- Marketing Communications Intern
View More Jobs in Minneapolis, MN:
- View More Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More Communications Intern Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More PR Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More Ameriprise Financial, Inc. Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
View More Jobs in Minnesota:
- View More Jobs in Minnesota
- More Communications Intern Jobs in Minnesota
- More PR Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More Ameriprise Financial, Inc. Jobs in Minnesota