Communications Analyst JobScience Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) - Huntsville, AL
Communications Analyst (Job Number:432487)
The NICS contractor is responsible for end-to-end infrastructure in support of voice, video and data communication services for NASA. This position is at the Marshall Space Flight Center, under the NICS Strategy Generation (SG) Performance Work Structure (PWS), and will support the SG and Engineering groups.
- Perform a variety of technical writing tasks in support of the SG group and Engineering service lines.
- Writing/editing duties will range from management reports to complex technical documents.
- Identify, apply and enforce applicable document standards to ensure consistency and conformance.
- Develop and use complex style sheets and templates, applying correct use of technical terminology and functions to produce and/or edit technical documents.
- Develop/edit technical drawings and ensure standards are applied across deliverables.
- Use existing content and configuration management systems and processes.
- Provide expertise related to emerging trends and technology in the writing industry.
- Candidate must be capable of applying strong technical understanding to technical writing support for a broad range of network and communications service lines and projects.
- Works on complex documents and presentations to ensure delivery of high quality work products.
- Works under consultative direction toward completion of short to mid-term deliverables.
- Determines and pursues courses of action essential in obtaining desired outcomes.
- Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Adept at accommodating and embracing changing requirements that can arise during ongoing projects.
- Candidate should have experience working in a fast-paced, high-volume and deadline-driven environment.
- Proven experience as a technical writer/editor with subject matter expert level experience with Microsoft Office 2016, specifically Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Visio, Microsoft SharePoint and Adobe Acrobat Pro required also.
- Experience or familiarity working in a network support contract environment preferred.
- Bachelor's degree and 3 + year's experience in a broad range of assignments in technical tasks directly related to the proposed area of responsibility; some experience can be concurrent with education.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
JOB POSTING: Nov 24, 2017, 3:27:54 PM
PRIMARY LOCATION: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST CURRENTLY POSSESS: None
CLEARANCE LEVEL MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN: Other Clearance
POTENTIAL FOR TELEWORKING: No
TRAVEL: Yes, 10% of the time
SHIFT: Day Job
14 days 20 hours ago
applyCommunications Analyst Job Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) - Huntsville, AL, United States
The setting for SAIC's startup in 1969 was not much different than that of many companies that begin with a few dollars and a good idea. Small, austere offices with rented desks and typewriters that have seen better days. People furiously working days, nights and weekends, hoping to curb the anxiety over the future. For SAIC, it began in offices with a tremendous ocean view (rented for $2.40 per square foot per year) in the sleepy village of La Jolla, California. "We had the added advantage of having as our next-door neighbor, a ballet studio," recalls founder J. Robert Beyster, Ph.D. "On the balcony in front of us, just to keep things light-hearted, the ballerinas would dance by as we did our research."
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Technical Writer
View More Jobs in Huntsville, AL:
- View More Jobs in Huntsville, AL
- More Communications Analyst Job Jobs in Huntsville, AL
- More Writing Jobs in Huntsville, AL
- More Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) Jobs in Huntsville, AL
View More Jobs in Alabama:
- View More Jobs in Alabama
- More Communications Analyst Job Jobs in Alabama
- More Writing Jobs in Huntsville, AL
- More Science Applications International Corporation-(SAIC) Jobs in Alabama