Commercial Transportation Manager - RichmondChevron Corporation - Richmond, CA
Richmond, CA California, US, United States
1 hour ago
Expires 20 Jun 2018
Commercial Transportation Manager - Richmond in Richmond, CA California, US, United States
Richmond, CA California, US, United States | N/A | Permanent
Chevron is one of the worlds leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Commercial Transportation Manager - Richmond located in Richmond, CA California/United States.
Requisition ID#: ******
Oversees rail shipments and operations for the Richmond Refinery. Implements regulatory compliance, incident free operation and product integrity initiatives for rail transportation related issues.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- On-site coordinator for railroad operations, serves as Company Representative for contractor switching crew and railcar maintenance crew.
- Coordinates with Class 1 Railroads, BNSF & UP, and the Richmond Pacific Railroad on railcar deliveries and pick-ups.
- Assists Refinery in maintaining integrity of owned rail track, coordinates track inspections, routine maintenance and emergency repairs, includes participating in the preparation of the budget and monitoring expenses.
- Establishes, monitors, and reports local performance standards for operations by rail carriers. Fosters improvements in carriers performance.
- Analyzes/evaluates the cost/economics of the current transportation system and provides guidance to clients to jointly improve the transportation process. Monitors, measures, and improves on-site tankcar storage and utilization.
- Interfaces with Lubricants, CSAT, LSAT, PSAT, VCO, the Refinery Operations Group and Oronite.
- Utilizes specific, transportation-related computer systems to carry out above job functions in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Acts as administrator of the railcar switching program used at Richmond, El Segundo and Salt Lake refineries.
- Works with the Rail Transportation Group on tank car maintenance and DOT compliance.
- Manages contracting processes in conjunction with Procurement for localized rail services for transportation of products, purchased materials and hazardous waste.
- Provides hazardous materials regulatory and emergency response assistance on LPG, sulfur, and other products shipped to or from the Richmond Refinery.
- Serves as Refinery Emergency Responder and Chevron Site Liaison for offsite hazardous material spills and transportation incidents.
- Supervises Richmond Refinery Scalehouse Operations.
- Provides supervision to 4 non-exempt personnel working shifts, monitors performance, administers PMPs, compliance training, and work schedules.
- Develops and monitors Scalehouse facility budget for the Refinery.
- This is a safety sensitive position.
- Driving on a routine basis.
- Bachelors degree (Any discipline requiring substantial amount of analysis; e.g., Business Admin. Logistics, Economics, Engineering, Sciences, Computer Science.).
- In lieu of Bachelors degree, 4 years experience working in Petroleum Refining, Petroleum, LPG or Chemical Terminal Operations, Marine or Pipeline Scheduling, or other Transportation related roles.
- Minimum 5 years Logistics / Supply & Distribution experience; including Scheduling and Loading/unloading Railcars, Marine, Pipeline and Trucks.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly convey information and ideas either formally or informally to individuals or groups. Uses a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message. Clarifies purpose and importance; stresses major points; follows a logical sequence.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze the organization and own area to identify key relationships that should be initiated or improved for further attainment of area goals. Implements effective means for monitoring and evaluating the partnership process and the attainment of mutual goals. Demonstrates Chevron Way Behaviors.
- Demonstrated ability to use an inclusive leadership style to ensure results are achieved and supported. Values, recognizes and rewards contribution of others. Helps people feel valued, appreciated, and included in discussions.
- Demonstrated ability of having used software to help solve a problem or support a decision, develops workable solutions to complex problems. Makes safety and environment an integral part of decision making. Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), and an aptitude for learning new software packages.
- Ability and willingness to take action when confronted with a problem, implements new ideas or solutions without prompting, goes beyond job requirements in order to achieve objectives.
- Ability to identify critical activities and effectively manages time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently. Deals effectively with difficult situations and demonstrates persistent effort. Handles complex ambiguous and multiple tasks while also maintaining perspective under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of hazmat and transportation regulations, incident response and investigations, and root-cause analysis. Experience in working with vendors in an alliance or strategic sourcing relationship, with a focus on contractor safety management.
- Develops clear, simple performance indicators linked to business objectives. Uses a balance of process and results measures.
- Ability to serve as Refinery Emergency Responder and Chevron Site Liaison for offsite hazardous material spills and transportation incidents.
- Ability to work on call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week for emergency response.
- Ability for minimal travel; less than 10%.
- Valid Drivers license.
- 4 years experience in transportation field.
- Rail Operations experience
- Good understanding of the supply chain from refinery to final customer and experience interacting with refinery and transportation organizations.
- Familiar with applicable Federal requirements for handling, storage and transportation of crude oil, gas and/or chemical products.
- Meets DOT HAZMAT Training requirements under 49CFR172.704
- Strong supervisory experience, coaching skills and ability to hold team members accountable
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions: Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation. Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
25 days 15 hours ago
applyCommercial Transportation Manager - Richmond Chevron Corporation - Richmond, CA, United States
Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way—by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. We are involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. We explore for, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute transportation fuels and lubricants; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power and produce geothermal energy; provide renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and develop the energy resources of the future, including research into advanced biofuels.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Commercial Transportation Manager - Richmond
- Class A CDL Driver
- Delivery Supervisor
- Superintendent - Healthcare Project Experience, San Jose
View More Jobs in Richmond, CA:
- View More Jobs in Richmond, CA
- More Commercial Transportation Manager Richmond Jobs in Richmond, CA
- More Chevron Corporation Jobs in Richmond, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Commercial Transportation Manager Richmond Jobs in California
- More Chevron Corporation Jobs in California