Clinical Specialist, Pain Therapies - New York City, NYMedtronic, Inc. - New York City, NY
Sales / Business Development
Clinical Specialist, Pain Therapies - New York City, NY
New York, NY, 10176, USA
Clinical Specialist, Pain Therapies - New York City, NY
New York, New York, United States
22 hours ago
**CAREERS THAT CHANGE LIVES**
Bring your talents to an industry leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions – we’re a market leader and growing every day. You can be proud to sell medical technologies that are rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation. Our expanding portfolio delivers measurable clinical and economic value – and opens doors. You will be empowered to shape your own career. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Together, we can transform healthcare.
Join us for a career in sales that changes lives.
At Medtronic, the Clinical Specialist, supports the Neuromodulation Pain and Target Drug Delivery Therapies in the areas of surgical coverage, follow-up support, troubleshooting, customer service and education. This person will be engaged in basic market development activities depending upon the needs of the assigned territory and district.
• Represents Medtronic during surgical procedures (trials, implants, revisions) by ensuring access to all necessary equipment and products required for the case, device selection, programming, implantation and testing of all device systems
• Manages patients through all phases of the clinical process as well as educate them on the features and benefits of Medtronic products
• Provides clinical support in surgeries, re-programmings, trouble-shooting and follow ups in hospitals and clinics
• Responds promptly and appropriately to technical inquiries by customers, patients, and colleagues
• Maintains a working knowledge of competitive products
• Educates and trains physicians, hospital personnel and office staff on technical matters relating to our products and therapies - this is achieved by coordinating: one on one teaching sessions, formal in-service education programs, seminars and/or outside symposia
• Assists Management and Sales Training department in education/training of new employees in the district
• Complies with required event reporting and documentation utilizing Medtronic technology tools
• Accountable to place an order with customer service for pending purchase orders and product replacement and is responsible for working with materials management to collect POs for cases covered within the territory/district
• Responsible for managing inventory provided for case coverage, Including: timely transactions when product is used, sold or transferred, maintaining a required level of cycle count accuracy, executing product retrievals as instructed, turning over inventory in a reasonable time frame, not implanting expired product or product that is on hold
• Contributes to the achievement of quarterly goals associated with specific initiatives at the district, regional and/or national level
• Partners with sales representatives to achieve business goals set forth within the territory/district and documents quarterly activities utilizing provided business tool(s)
• Visits accounts to replenish literature and establishes/maintains relationships with office staff
• Mentors Associate Clinical Specialists
• Ability to effectively use a mobile phone, IPAD and PC
• Ability to manage personal expenses and budget effectively
• Ensures personal understanding of all quality policy/system items that are personally applicable
• Follows all work/quality procedures to ensure quality system compliance and high quality work
**IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING BASIC QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME:**
**REQUIRED EDUCATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:**
• Bachelor's degree and 4 years of clinical/healthcare or medical device/pharmacology experience OR
• Associate's Degree and 6 years of clinical/healthcare or medical device/pharmacology experience
**DESIRED/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE:**
• Bachelor's degree in a health care related field
• Master’s degree
• Registered nurse or HCP with experience in a sterile environment
• Clinical experience with implantable neurological products and patient care
• Experience in servicing medical personnel on product use
• Experience with a medical device company or pharmaceutical company, and clinical experience in a specialty area: neurology, neurosurgery, orthopedic, operating room, pain management, or home health care
• Understands basic reimbursement and healthcare environment
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure
**PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:**
• Required to function using healthcare universal precautions to minimize exposure to infectious disease and radiation
• Ablity to serve as the primary resource for scheduled and unscheduled clinical events,periodically required to work weekends,evenings and nights and may be required to engage in overnight travel within own district or neighboring districts
• Ability to work efficiently and autonomously with little direction when outside of clinical events
• Ability to attend national meetings, district meetings and other training as requested
• Ability to wear a 7-9 lbs protective lead apron for extended periods of time in the operating room
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
• Ability to sitting, standing, and/or walking for 8 hours per day
• Ability to bend/stoop, squat and balance frequently
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in relation to travel and operating a personal computer.
**Must have a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance policy. In addition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as part of your application.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
**RTG (Restorative Therapies Group) OVERVIEW:**
The Restorative Therapies Group develops life-restoring therapies and healthcare solutions that span the care continuum; integrating technologies and applying clinical and economic evidence to increase patient access, improve efficiency of procedures and deliver successful patient outcomes.
SPINE shapes spine surgery for the better; delivering procedural solutions and therapeutic biologics and partnering with other healthcare stakeholders to accelerate innovations that can improve surgical efficiencies and help create better outcomes for more patients.
BRAIN THERAPIES offers an integrated portfolio of devices
and therapies for the treatment of neurological disorders and diseases, as well as surgical technologies designed to improvethe precision and workflow of neuro procedures.
PAIN THERAPIES offers solutions — from early interventional procedures to implantable surgical technologies — that treat chronic pain as well as pain from spinal fractures, cancer and severe spasticity.
SPECIALTY THERAPIES offers a broad portfolio that addresses urologic and gastrointestinal disorders, conditions of the ear, nose and throat, as well as electrosurgical products for soft tissue dissection and hemostatic sealing of soft tissue and bone.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Back to search results
View Similar Jobs:
View more Clinical Specialist Jobs
View more Customer Service Jobs
View more Healthcare Jobs
View more Sales / Business Development Jobs
View more Medtronic Jobs
View More Jobs in New York, NY:
View more jobs in New York, New York
Clinical Specialist jobs in New York, New York
Customer Service jobs in New York, New York
Healthcare jobs in New York, New York
Sales / Business Development jobs in New York, New York
Medtronic jobs in New York, New York
View More Jobs in NY:
View more jobs in New York
Clinical Specialist jobs in New York
Customer Service jobs in New York
Healthcare jobs in New York
Sales / Business Development jobs in New York
Medtronic jobs in New York
View all Featured Jobs
About the Daily Gazette
Terms of Service
Browse All Jobs
Browse By Location
Browse By Category
Browse By Company
Post A Job
3 days 18 hours ago
applyClinical Specialist, Pain Therapies - New York City, NY Medtronic, Inc. - New York City, NY, United States
Medtronic, Inc. manufactures and sells device-based medical therapies worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Cardiac and Vascular Group, and Restorative Therapies Group. The Cardiac and Vascular Groups products include pacemakers; implantable defibrillators; leads and delivery systems; ablation products; electrophysiology catheters; products for the treatment of atrial fibrillation; information systems for the management of patients with cardiac rhythm disease management (CRDM) devices; coronary and peripheral stents and related delivery systems; therapies for uncontrolled hypertension; endovascular stent graft systems; heart valve replacement technologies; cardiac tissue ablation systems; and open heart and coronary bypass grafting surgical products. The Restorative Therapies Group offers products for various areas of the spine; bone graft substitutes; biologic products; trauma, implantable neurostimulation therapies, and drug delivery devices for the treatment of chronic pain, movement disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), overactive bladder, urinary retention, and fecal incontinence and gastroparesis; external insulin pumps; subcutaneous CGM systems; products to treat conditions of the ear, nose, and throat; and devices that incorporate advanced energy technology. It also manufactures and sells image-guided surgery and intra-operative imaging systems; and provides Web-based therapy management software solutions. The company serves hospitals, physicians, clinicians, and patients in approximately 140 countries. Medtronic, Inc. was founded in 1949 and is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Clinical Specialist, Brain Therapies (Deep Brain Stimulation...
New York City, NY
- Clinical Nurse I - Special Procedures Unit
New York City, NY
View More Jobs in New York City, NY:
- View More Jobs in New York City, NY
- More Clinical Specialist Pain Therapies New York City NY Jobs in New York City, NY
- More Healthcare Jobs in New York City, NY
- More Medtronic, Inc. Jobs in New York City, NY
View More Jobs in New York:
- View More Jobs in New York
- More Clinical Specialist Pain Therapies New York City NY Jobs in New York
- More Healthcare Jobs in New York City, NY
- More Medtronic, Inc. Jobs in New York