Clinical Education Coordinator (Denver Education Center) - FT DaysHCA Holdings, Inc - Denver, CO
Denver Education Center
HealthONE® is the largest healthcare system in the metro Denver area with more than 10,000 employees. As part of the HealthONE family, The Medical Center of Aurora, North Suburban Medical Center, Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center, Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children, Rose Medical Center, Sky Ridge Medical Center, Swedish Medical Center, and Spalding Rehabilitation Hospital work together to provide a higher level of care. In addition, our family of services includes seven free-standing emergency departments, numerous ambulatory surgery centers, CareNow Urgent Care Clinics & Occupational Medicine, physician practices, and AIRLIFE-DENVER, which provides critical care air and ground transportation across a 10-state region.
/“Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.”/
HCA Mission Statement
The Clinical Education Coordinator is responsible for organizing, directing and implementing an infrastructure for a systems-approach to the clinical education service line in assigned market. This includes support for activities related to classroom coordination, registration oversight, and documentation of participation, scheduling, and procuring teaching materials. This position will perform a variety of quality data entry and management functions that will include data entry, routine database maintenance and standard report generation, verification and distribution. This individual will serve as the HealthStream administrator within their assigned market.
* Coordinates the day to day operations of assigned market clinical education service line that may include but not limited to supporting Clinical Educators in scheduling classes, ensuring schedule classes are properly setup with applicable education materials and equipment, coordination of nursing student placement and schedules and facilitates communication with clinical education employees. * Supports the efforts of market and hospital personnel providing required information in a timely manner for the hospital to maintain accreditation standards of the Joint Commission, Medicare, Medicaid and similar organizations. * Serves as the HealthStream administrator for the market which includes building e-learning classes, maintains student groups, enters data and provides reports as needed. * Contributes and works toward improvement in the day to day operations of assigned market clinical education service line.
* Fosters a Service Excellence culture. * Identifies opportunities for improvement in internal or external customer satisfaction. * Supports the clinical education team to inspire pride in HCA and organizational outcomes by contributing to the development of a superior clinical education program and a culture-of-excellence. * Promotes consistent positive interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service through clinical education. * Supports a culture of accountability for effectively managing expenses that will result in delivering cost-effective clinical education in the hospitals that we serve. * Provides timely, accurate, and professional support to the clinical education team. * Oversees programs and processes for program evaluation and feedback to operational leaders, educators, and participants.
* Manage and distribute data reports that may include quality, education and patient experience.
* Provide assistance to, educators, participants, education and operational leadership * Supports the assigned market clinical education service line that can lead to building a competitively superior organization that will attract and retain talent.
* Participates and supports the strategic planning and business development process by providing various reports as requested, assisting in developing either word or power point documents. Provides input on those things that be needed to ensure a smooth operations of the department. * Represents the organization positively within the community; participates in company supported community/patient events and in-services.
* Operates within the annual budget. * Assists the Market Director Clinical Professional Development to prepare and oversees business reports, including annual budgets. * Manages department performance in accordance with established budget. Including the utilization of staffing, supplies, equipment. * Participates in the annual budget process providing input into department expense forecasts, supply and equipment needs. Monitors department budget performance, identify trends and evaluates variances in relation to established budget; develops actions to address gaps. * Manages operating expenses including the utilization of supplies and equipment. Identifies cost reduction opportunities and implements actions to achieve savings. * Monitors department budget performance in conjunction with the Market Director Clinical Professional Development, by identifying any trends and assist in preparing an action plan if needed.
* Adheres to HCA’s Code of Conduct * Remain flexible and available to provide support to other markets as needed
Education & Experience
* * * Bachelor's degree. - Required * 3 years of experience in healthcare, education, business or finance. – Required * Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products that includes Word, Power Point and Excel; must demonstrate the ability to use spreadsheets to enter, evaluate and modify data
* Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Licenses, Certifications, and Training
* None* *
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Behavior
* Service and Quality Excellence: Ability to support the market education team in an uncompromising commitment to delivering exceptional care to create an unmatched value proposition for our patients. – Required * Honor our Mission and Values: Ability to build trust and act with authenticity to cultivate a culture of integrity, inclusion, and mutual respect. – Required * Effective Decision Making: Ability to make timely, informed decisions that are in the best interest of our patients, employees, providers, community and HCA. – Required * Attain and Leverage Strategic Relationships: Ability to develop and strengthen collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to advance the care of our patients and the growth of HCA. – Required * Lead and Develop Others: Ability to support the market education team to accomplish organizational goals and objectives; that will assist the team to provide meaningful coaching and mentoring to increase the capabilities of individuals and teams and drive employee engagement – Required * Communicate with Impact: Ability to deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results. – Required * Achieve Success through Change: Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and innovation, remove barriers and resistance, and enable desired behaviors– Required. * Drive Execution and Financial Results: Ability to commit to the success and financial wellbeing of HCA by providing support to the market education team that assists them with challenging others to excel and hold themselves and others accountable for achieving results. – Required * Judgment: Ability to use independent judgment and decision making in the execution of their responsibilities, and engages their supervisor when needed.– Required
*Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Clinical Education Coordinator (Denver Education Center) - FT Days
Colorado-Denver-HealthOne System Support
HCA Holdings, Inc
applyClinical Education Coordinator (Denver Education Center) - FT Days HCA Holdings, Inc - Denver, CO, United States
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Clinical Education Coordinator (Denver Education Center) - F...
Highlands Ranch, CO
- Professional Development Coach
View More Jobs in Denver, CO:
- View More Jobs in Denver, CO
- More Clinical Education Coordinator (Denver Education Center) FT Days Jobs in Denver, CO
- More Education Jobs in Denver, CO
- More Healthcare Jobs in Denver, CO
- More HCA Holdings, Inc Jobs in Denver, CO
View More Jobs in Colorado:
- View More Jobs in Colorado
- More Clinical Education Coordinator (Denver Education Center) FT Days Jobs in Colorado
- More Education Jobs in Denver, CO
- More Healthcare Jobs in Denver, CO
- More HCA Holdings, Inc Jobs in Colorado