Client Accounting Director - Wilmington Family OfficeThe M&T Bank - Wilmington, DE
Client Accounting Director - Wilmington Family Office','3DFNR','!*!Client Accounting Director II
Family Office Group - Wilmington Trust
Responsible for performing and overseeing family office services for the smaller and less complex family office accounts involving individuals, family entities, trusts, agencies and estates.
Expected to work independently, involves frequent contact with client and/or client representative(s) and available to support junior team members in handling client issues.
Manage client relationship to include:
Reviewing and/or approving payables and deposits
Creating financial statements/ general ledgers, cash flow analysis.
Reviewing the complexities of partnership accounting
Reviewing tax return preparation and assisting in tax planning
Reviewing tax estimates and understanding the tax implications of different income sources
Identifies and researches technical issues. Researches and determines (with the support of senior Directors) the appropriate tax and book treatment for assigned item
Acts as a mentor and coach to junior members of staff, and provides education when necessary
Strategizes with other Directors to strengthen the client relationship and move the client into a complete IFW relationship
Primary contact for client base of smaller accounts, less complex clients.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Taxation or Accounting plus 10 years work experience in related field.
Minimum 5 years supervisory experience.
High level of understanding of taxation, accounting, investment or planning issues.
Experience preparing 1041 fiduciary tax returns, 990's and partnership returns required.
Ideal Qualifications Preferred:
Advanced degree such as MBA, MST or professional designations such as CPA, CFP designation strongly preferred.
11 years of public accounting experience
Public Accounting, Family Office or Financial Planning firm experience strongly preferred.
Strong focus on customer service and satisfaction; direct client contact.
Knowledge of GAAP and tax laws.
Proficient with standard office software and applications.
Knowledge of Prosystems Global a plus
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to work in a team environment
Strong analytical ability.
Essential to contribute to positive working relationships, maintaining integrity and professionalism.
Ability to present in front of groups of various sizes.
Demonstrated ability to attract, expand and retain client relationships including building a significant level of trust with clients.
• Oversee current relationships with smaller, less complex clients.
• Foster client/liaison relationships with assigned client base; resolve problems and respond to client requests, both standard and unique. Add value to relationships by solving existing issues, proactively anticipating issues and taking preventive action.
• Works on revenue generating activities by making appropriate recommendations and analyzing data. Facilitates strong client relationship by attending events, possibly travelling to visit client, and attending family/client board meetings.
• Proactively manages relationships with internal and external service partners to provide seamless service
• Develops and maintains a high level of knowledge in fields of client service (trust, planning, corporate, tax, etc.) and focuses on broadening knowledge of complex issues impacting these disciplines.
• Provides/maintains appropriate levels of controls to minimize possible losses
• Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of corporate policies and procedures related to the service role. Stays current and is able to articulate current industry standards. Maintains credential CE credits.
• Reviews materials for client meetings and possible board meetings
• Provide coaching to junior members of staff
• Assist in resolving staff member concerns.
• Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
• Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
• Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
• Complete other related duties as assigned.
At M&T, we strive to be the best place our employees ever work, the best bank our customers ever do business with and the best investment our shareholders ever make. So when looking to advance your career, look to M&T. As a top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing regional banks in the country, we offer a wide range of performance based career development opportunities for talented professionals. And through our longstanding tradition of careful, conservative and consistent management and a strong commitment to the communities we serve, we continue to grow with a focus on the future.
','Delaware-Wilmington-Wilmington Center','','Accounting/Finance','Full-time','Nov 7, 2017','Ongoing','','false','Client Accounting Director - Wilmington Family Office
8 days 14 hours ago
applyClient Accounting Director - Wilmington Family Office The M&T Bank - Wilmington, DE, United States
Times like these call for a financial services partner that has stood the test of time. Established in 1856 as Manufacturers and Traders Bank, today we’re the M&T Bank Corporation, one of the 20 largest US headquartered commercial bank holding companies, with current assets of $97.1 billion (as of June 30, 2015) and more than 650 branches, account access at over 1,500 M&T Bank ATMs and more than 15,000 employees throughout New York, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C., Virginia, West Virginia, New Jersey, Florida, Delaware and Toronto, Canada (Deposits with M&T are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC)).
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Wilmington, DE:
- View More Jobs in Wilmington, DE
- More Client Accounting Director Wilmington Family Office Jobs in Wilmington, DE
- More Accounting Jobs in Wilmington, DE
- More The M&T Bank Jobs in Wilmington, DE
View More Jobs in Delaware:
- View More Jobs in Delaware
- More Client Accounting Director Wilmington Family Office Jobs in Delaware
- More Accounting Jobs in Wilmington, DE
- More The M&T Bank Jobs in Delaware