ChocolatierOccasions Caterers - Washington, DC
As a boutique full-service caterer, we produce one-of-a-kind experiences with food, beverage, design, and hospitality for corporate and social clients. Occasions operates in the area’s most celebrated venues, institutions, museums and properties and has been recognized as Washington’s premier catering firm for over 30 years.
Occasions has had the pleasure of representing clients such as the National Gallery of Art, the Washington National Opera, the Washington Ballet, the Smithsonian Institution, the United States Department of State, MSNBC, Google, The Washington Post, The White House Historical Association, Facebook, Exxon Mobil, The Trust for the National Mall, and more.
Our work has been featured in The Washington Post, Martha Stewart Living, Martha Stewart Weddings, The Knot, In Style, Town and Country, Washingtonian, Art Culinaire, Food Arts, The Knot Forbes, and several other lifestyle and events publications.
Reporting to the culinary leadership team, the Chocolatier manages and oversees the production of all chocolates and confections. This includes, but not limited to molded bonbons, truffles, barks, plated dessert garnishes, caramels, marshmallows, toffees and other specialty items. Assist in complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The Chocolatier is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
- Manage the day-to-day Chocolatier duties and prep list responsibilities. This includes maintaining an appropriate par stock of chocolates and confections, mise en place projects to ensure efficiency and maximize utilization of productive work hours.
- Maintain quality and consistency with an artistic eye for detail and style.
- Follow recipes, methods, and instructions with exact precision to promote uniformity and consistent quality. Ask questions before starting a project to minimize confusion and food waste.
- Manage the production and inventory of the chocolate station to keep the freshest possible product and to accommodate high volume orders.
- Complete production sheets and daily orders as required on time or early.
- Detect and communicate with Kitchen Management regarding spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment and/or other unusual conditions. Clean and maintain work areas, utensils and equipment. Communicate with Pastry Sous Chef about equipment that needs repair or maintenance.
- Maintain high standards of food service including preparing all food according to food safety laws, arrive to work on time in uniform and staying until the pastry team has finished production for the day, and always keep a positive attitude.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and weekends during very busy periods or as needed.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate degree in Pastry Arts from a recognized institution preferred and or any equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Two years (2) in a chocolatier, baking or pastry role at a high-level catering, food service or hospitality industry experience.
Please submit a cover letter with your most updated copy of your resume by click "Apply Now".
16 days 16 hours ago
Please review all application instructions before applying.
Founded in 1986 by twin brothers Eric and Mark Michael, Occasions Caterers is a premiere, full-service catering firm, located in Washington DC. Specializing in corporate, institutional, social and private events, Occasions Caterers operates in the area’s most prestigious venues, historic homes, museums and institutions, and private estates. Occasions approaches each event with a unique perspective, tailoring menus and details to each client’s vision and style. Whether it’s an intimate dinner for two or a grand reception for thousands, Occasions prides itself on turning any moment, into a remarkable experience. To find out more, please visit our website.
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Washington, DC:
- View More Jobs in Washington, DC
- More Chocolatier Jobs in Washington, DC
- More Occasions Caterers Jobs in Washington, DC
View More Jobs in District of Columbia:
- View More Jobs in District of Columbia
- More Chocolatier Jobs in District of Columbia
- More Occasions Caterers Jobs in District of Columbia