Chef de Partie-MeatOccasions Caterers - Washington, DC
As a boutique full-service caterer, we produce one-of-a-kind experiences with food, beverage, design, and hospitality for corporate and social clients. Occasions operates in the area’s most celebrated venues, institutions, museums and properties and has been recognized as Washington’s premier catering firm for over 30 years.
Occasions has had the pleasure of representing clients such as the National Gallery of Art, the Washington National Opera, the Washington Ballet, the Smithsonian Institution, the United States Department of State, MSNBC, Google, The Washington Post, The White House Historical Association, Facebook, Exxon Mobil, The Trust for the National Mall, and more.
Our work has been featured in The Washington Post, Martha Stewart Living, Martha Stewart Weddings, The Knot, In Style, Town and Country, Washingtonian, Art Culinaire, Food Arts, The Knot Forbes, and several other lifestyle and events publications.
The Chef de Partie- Meat is responsible for the meat station. Prepares and/or directs the preparation of food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The Lead Cook is responsible for the appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud.
- Prepares or directs preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Determines amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems.
- Ensures availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in time for preparation.
- Sets steam table; serves or ensures proper serving of food for tray line or dining room.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards.
- Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Apportions food for serving.
- Maintains daily production records.
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
- Completes food temperature checks before service.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary throughout the week including weekends and holidays based on business demands.
Required Education and Experience
- Associate degree in Culinary Arts from a recognized institution preferred and or any equivalent combination of related education and experience;
- Two years (2) or more in a butcher cooking role at a high-level catering, food service or hospitality industry experience;
- Extensive Food & Beverage knowledge, culinary techniques and cooking chemistry experience is a plus;
- Broad experience with American regional, global, and French classical cooking;
*Please submit a cover letter with your most updated copy of your resume by click "Apply Now".
14 days 10 hours ago
Please review all application instructions before applying.
Founded in 1986 by twin brothers Eric and Mark Michael, Occasions Caterers is a premiere, full-service catering firm, located in Washington DC. Specializing in corporate, institutional, social and private events, Occasions Caterers operates in the area’s most prestigious venues, historic homes, museums and institutions, and private estates. Occasions approaches each event with a unique perspective, tailoring menus and details to each client’s vision and style. Whether it’s an intimate dinner for two or a grand reception for thousands, Occasions prides itself on turning any moment, into a remarkable experience. To find out more, please visit our website.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Chef de Partie - Staff Restaurant
- Chef de Partie - Berkhamsted
- Chef de Partie - Butchery (Royal Caribbean International), M...
- Chef de Partie Josper Experience 11ph
- Chef de Partie (BUTCHER)
View More Jobs in Washington, DC:
- View More Jobs in Washington, DC
- More Chef de Partie Meat Jobs in Washington, DC
- More Occasions Caterers Jobs in Washington, DC
View More Jobs in District of Columbia:
- View More Jobs in District of Columbia
- More Chef de Partie Meat Jobs in District of Columbia
- More Occasions Caterers Jobs in District of Columbia