Central PlannerPolaris Industries Inc. - Roseau, MN
The Central Planner is responsible for the order to delivery phase of the purchasing process for parts supplied by their assigned suppliers for all production facilities in a multi site environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage POs to satisfy manufacturing requirements for all manufacturing facilities and Issue Blanket POs and PO Releases in accordance with MRP recommendations.
• Manage/work with 3rd party vendors (Jamco, CEVA, etc.)
• Analyze Inventory for opportunities to improve turns and identify excess
• Manage International Trade Compliance rules and practices
• Coordinate the disposition of inactive, excess and obsolete inventory
• Monitors and reacts to exception messages and communicates/escalates, as appropriate
• Communicates delays, shortages, problems, issues relating to shipments and/or inventory levels of purchased items to Production, Purchasing, and Logistics. Assists in devising and carrying out plans to resolve effectively and with minimum cost
• Utilizes MRP system and works closely with schedulers and plant planners to assure availability of materials for assigned suppliers/parts.
• Work with Suppliers, Carriers, and logistics as needed to expedite deliveries resulting from inventory variances, rejections, or late deliveries
• Involved in decisions related to outsourcing of parts due to capacity or scheduling constraints. Coordinate transition from make to buy or buy to make with suppliers and production including expediting/transferring material, modifying planning parameters appropriately, and communicating any issues with transition.
• Plan and confirm material availability for service and rework
• Resolve/Review receiving issues (i.e. Over/short, labeling, keying errors, etc) with Receiving personnel at appropriate manufacturing site.
• Issue Blanket POs and PO Releases in accordance with MRP recommendations.
• Maintenance of inventory planning records with appropriate parameters and order policies to ensure effective Material system execution
• Actively manage vendor relationships and on-time delivery performance
• Develops and manages good relations with Commodity Purchasing teams
• Work with Supplier on proposed schedule changes.
• Work closely with Purchasing during new part/Supplier integration and release
• Analyze inventory for opportunity to improve turns and identify excess
• Assist Accounts Payable in resolving receiving and/or invoicing discrepancies
• Ability to flex schedule/be on call as needed.
• Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• 2- 5 years’ experience in purchasing, planning or materials
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and functions
• Knowledge of International Trade Compliance rules and practices
• Strong, quick decision making skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities efficiently in a fast paced environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including intercultural communication
• Negotiation skills including conflict management
• Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems and Bill of Materials
• Must have current PC/software proficiency including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Outlook) and
• Ability to manage and be efficient with multiple tasks
• Organized and strong attention to detail
• Ability to synthesize large amount of data quickly and stay calm under pressure
US - Roseau, MN
2 year degree preferred
Years of Experience Required
2 years experience
About this location
This opportunity is located in Roseau just minutes from the Canadian Border, and sits just 20 minutes from renowned Lake of the Woods. Land of 10,000 lakes - an outdoor person's dream - fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, 4-wheeling! Natural splendor and limitless outdoor adventures all within easy reach. Quiet safety and comfort of communities centered on family, friends and neighbors are found here. Local schools are some of the best around with opportunities for students to be involved and excel.
62 days 23 hours ago
applyCentral Planner Polaris Industries Inc. - Roseau, MN, United States
At Polaris, making great products is not just a job - it is a way of life. That is why our creed is etched in steel at the entrance at each of our locations. Our employees are not only building and designing our machines, they are also enthusiastic riders. This gives us the competitive edge as we work together to make the riding experience better.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- CIB F&BM Central Planning & Analysis (P&A) \u201...
New York City, NY
- Central Planning Officer
- CIB F&BM Central Planning & Analysis (P&A) – Vic...
- Country Road Group - Central Planning Analyst
- Kronos Configuration Analyst
View More Jobs in Roseau, MN:
- View More Jobs in Roseau, MN
- More Central Planner Jobs in Roseau, MN
- More Polaris Industries Inc. Jobs in Roseau, MN
View More Jobs in Minnesota:
- View More Jobs in Minnesota
- More Central Planner Jobs in Minnesota
- More Polaris Industries Inc. Jobs in Minnesota