Category Sourcing LeaderPublic Service Enterprise Group Incorporated. - Newark, NJ
Networking and Premium Apply
Continue to Apply Online
Jobs In Category Sourcing Lea Newark
| Jobs In Category Sourc...
| Jobs In Category ...
**Requisition ID: 47285**
**Job Function/Category: 55603**
**Employment Type: Exempt Full Time**
**_This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy_**
The primary responsibilities include category management and strategic sourcing for several Material and Service categories. Responsible for identifying, developing and implementing category plans with spend in specific lines of business and across Enterprise. A Category lead will manage several material and service sub-categories.
This position is an individual contributor role supporting the development and implementation of multi-year strategic plans aligned to operational goals that identify and bring maximum value for the Enterprise. The Category Lead supports the development of sourcing strategies using innovative procurement and electronic commerce tools to leverage total spend and drive savings to PSEG, while providing consistent quality and service levels. The Category Lead must plan and complete spend analyses, market analyses, sourcing projects, negotiations, contract execution, implementation, and supplier performance / supplier relationship management for the sub-categories for which he / she is responsible. The Category Lead will lead cross-functional business teams to implement multi-year strategic plans. The Category Lead will achieve results through supplier measurement evaluations, comprehensive periodic performance tracking, reporting of results and instituting continuous improvement programs with key suppliers.
Responsibilities include fostering change management, client relationship management, communicating contractual commitments across the Enterprise, and representing PSEG in the external marketplace. The Category Lead has no direct reports but will lead cross-functional teams in reviewing and evaluating the categories for which he / she is responsible. The Category Lead will track short- and long-term performance.
Required Skills, Competencies, Education and Experience:
• A minimum of 5 years of procurement, category management, contract management or strategic sourcing experience.
• A bachelor’s degree in business, finance, scientific discipline or relevant field is required.
• Candidate must demonstrate experience / familiarity with Indirect Services category management, contract management, and supplier management.
• Strong analytical, market analysis and cost modeling skills.
• Team facilitation, presentation and team leadership skills.
• Must have experience with and the potential to lead large complex work teams and projects across business units.
• Strong change management (people and process) skills and client relationship skills.
• Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to make clear and concise presentations in front of large audiences.
• Thorough knowledge of contract terms and strong negotiation skills.
• Strong computer skills: Excel, Word and Power Point.
• Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity.
• Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
Desired, Competencies, Education and Experience:
• MBA in business, finance or scientific field.
• Knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Project, quality control systems (ISO, QS & Lean six sigma), e-sourcing and e-procurement applications a plus.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for...
Search For Jobs Near Newark Nj 07102 Usa
15 days 20 hours ago
applyCategory Sourcing Leader Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated. - Newark, NJ, United States
The Public Service Corporation was formed in 1903, by amalgamating more than 400 gas, electric and transportation companies in New Jersey. Thomas McCarter was named the Corporation's first president and held the position until 1939.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Manager, Sourcing Strategy
New York City, NY
- Intern - Strategic Sourcing (Supply Chain Management)
- Legal Services Sourcing Manager
New Brunswick, NJ
- Indirect Sourcing, Director
Morris Plains, NJ
- Strategic Sourcing Director AmericasStrategic Sourcing Direc...
View More Jobs in Newark, NJ:
- View More Jobs in Newark, NJ
- More Category Sourcing Leader Jobs in Newark, NJ
- More Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated. Jobs in Newark, NJ
View More Jobs in New Jersey:
- View More Jobs in New Jersey
- More Category Sourcing Leader Jobs in New Jersey
- More Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated. Jobs in New Jersey