CRM Program Specialist II - Multiple LocationsThe M&T Bank - Buffalo, NY
BASIC FUNCTION: CRM Program Specialists II in the Compliance Risk Management Organization will oversee and assist with compliance risk management activities throughout the bank for their assigned area of responsibility, which is typically a business unit or product area of the Bank (e.g. Asset Management, M&T Securities, and Wealth Advisory Services). Each CRM Program Specialist II will help oversee and monitor compliance risk within the business unit. CRM Program Specialists II will interact with lines of business regularly, and support organizations such as Internal Audit and Legal on as needed basis to ensure the bank is operating within the Board-mandated compliance risk tolerance.
* Identify, measure, and escalate compliance risk issues to his/her manager and/or the Lines of Business (LOBs) as necessary.
* Provide support of state, federal, domestic and possibly international examinations including the Federal Reserve, OCC, SEC, DOL, FINRA, CFPB, State of New York, and/or the State of Delaware, as applicable.
* Implement CRM priorities, and ensure ongoing compliance across the bank.
* Design, implement, maintain and enhance internal controls to mitigate risk on an ongoing basis.
* Evaluate and advise on new/revised products and services from a compliance risk perspective
* Maintain internal control standards, including timely support for business unit implementation of internal and external audits, examinations, investigations, or supervisory events
* Exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations Understand and adhere to the companys risk and regulatory policies, standards, and controls in accordance with the Board-approved risk appetite.
* Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
* Complete other related duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC GROUP APPLICABILITY:
WISD Compliance: Includes but not limited to Trust Laws and regulations (federal and state) related to the SEC, FINRA, MSRB, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, and the State of Delaware.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The position works under minimal to limited supervision of the respective CRM Program Manager and is required to exercise independent judgment, discretion, and decision-making. This may include decision-making in lieu of the manager.
This position has substantial contact with internal departments and positions within M&T Bank Corporation and its subsidiaries, including members of business unit management.
This position is required to establish and maintain ongoing and effective working relationships internal Legal Counsel, business unit management and peers.
At times may have direct supervision of 2-4 employees.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
* Bachelors degree or the equivalent in work experience with minimum five (5) years compliance or banking experience in an audit or operational risk management function, or seven (7) years general banking
* Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
* Ability to read and understand laws, rules, regulations and common law applicable to the subject matter
* Ability to apply laws, rules, regulations, guidance and common law principles to practices within business units and lead or assist in the development or refinement of the control environment to bring the line of business within the risk tolerance
* Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of management across the bank
* Ability to coordinate and work collaboratively with internal and external contacts on a daily basis
* Ability to exercise judgment and sound discretion and understand when formal legal interpretive advice is needed
* Business Unit Management leadership presentation and reporting experience
* Ability to critically evaluate compliance risk to determine if controls adequately adhere to the banks risk tolerance
* May require regulatory certifications or licenses, such as FINRA licenses, or CRCM designations
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
* Ability to identify efforts that will improve organizational efficiency and mitigate risk
* Knowledge of organizations, operations, systems, and practices within subject matter business units
* Proficient in software utilized by the department, including Archer and SharePoint
* Knowledge of bank-wide policies and procedures in responsible area.
At M&T, we strive to be the best place our employees ever work, the best bank our customers ever do business with and the best investment our shareholders ever make. So when looking to advance your career, look to M&T. As a top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing regional banks in the country, we offer a wide range of performance based career development opportunities for talented professionals. And through our longstanding tradition of careful, conservative and consistent management and a strong commitment to the communities we serve, we continue to grow with a focus on the future.
M&T Bank Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M&T Bank Corporation does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining H-1 Visas. M&T Bank Corporation has policies and procedures in place to promote a drug free workplace.
5 days 15 hours ago
applyCRM Program Specialist II - Multiple Locations The M&T Bank - Buffalo, NY, United States
Times like these call for a financial services partner that has stood the test of time. Established in 1856 as Manufacturers and Traders Bank, today we’re the M&T Bank Corporation, one of the 20 largest US headquartered commercial bank holding companies, with current assets of $97.1 billion (as of June 30, 2015) and more than 650 branches, account access at over 1,500 M&T Bank ATMs and more than 15,000 employees throughout New York, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Washington, D.C., Virginia, West Virginia, New Jersey, Florida, Delaware and Toronto, Canada (Deposits with M&T are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC)).
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Customer Account Specialist
- CRM Program Specialist II - Multiple Locations
- Recruiter II, Talent Acquisition
- Product Selection Specialist - Electrical Products - Militar...
View More Jobs in Buffalo, NY:
- View More Jobs in Buffalo, NY
- More CRM Program Specialist II Multiple Locations Jobs in Buffalo, NY
- More The M&T Bank Jobs in Buffalo, NY
View More Jobs in New York:
- View More Jobs in New York
- More CRM Program Specialist II Multiple Locations Jobs in New York
- More The M&T Bank Jobs in New York