BuyerAECOM. - Chantilly, VA
Chantilly, VA 20151
United States of America - Virginia
Processes procurement actions and may coordinate transportation requirements.
1) Issues purchase orders for all general procurement supplies and services and maintains a purchase order log.
2) Reviews all purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy; obtains competitive quotes and documents information in the procurement files; and documents source and price justifications for all procurement actions.
3) Expedites delivery/performance and maintains document file.
4) Assists the other Department personnel with Contract and Subcontract Administration.
5) Promotes the Small Business, Small Disadvantaged Business, and Woman-Owned Small Business program by targeting business opportunities with such companies.
6) Negotiates and administers Purchase Orders for supplies and services and Maintenance Agreements for equipment.
7) Closes out completed Procurement files and processes them in accordance with Records Retention Procedures.
8) Selects vendors and orders services in connection with the transportation of property; and certifies receipt of property at destination and authorizes the payment of invoices.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent training/experience
3 years of purchasing experience particularly relating to government contracts
Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications.
Must have an active Top Secret government security clearance or be a good candidate to apply for a government security clearance.
Active Top Secret Clearance
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
United States of America
10 days 2 hours ago
applyBuyer AECOM. - Chantilly, VA, United States
Twenty-five years ago, AECOM was formed when a handful of Ashland Inc. employees shared a dream of creating an industry-leading firm dedicated to making the world a better place. On April 6, 1990, AECOM became an independent company formed by the merger of five Ashland entities. While our official founding was in 1990, some of our predecessor firms had distinguished histories dating back more than 110 years. Since then, more than 50 companies have joined AECOM and, in 2007, we became a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: ACM).
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Contract Manufacturing Buyer
- Buyer - Military veterans preferred