Buyer & Project CoordinatorIntuitive Surgical, Inc. - Sunnyvale, CA
Intuitive Surgical: What Matters
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Buyer & Project Coordinator will interface closely, acting as point purchasing person on defined projects / parts, for internal customers, spanning multiple groups, including Design & Manufacturing Engineering, Supplier Engineering, Planning and General Operations.
This role works as a key member of the Purchasing group. In this role, the Buyer & Project Coordinator will interface with immediate colleagues, and Supplier Engineering groups on Strategic Sourcing Activities, including preparing of RFQ’s, Cost Analysis, and tactical purchase order placement Additionally, general Material Planning / material readiness reporting as well as project coordinating new supplier promototions and performing on-boarding requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Maintain in depth program level situational awareness, and act as Purchasing point person, for engineering groups, and other internal customers.
• Make strategic purchasing decisions in conjunction with Engineering, Supplier Engineering and Production Purchasing input to benefit supply stability, cost, quality and risk mitigation.
• Identify alternatives for “high risk” single and sole source suppliers. In partnership with sustaining production purchasing, create and present risk mitigation plans for assigned parts.
• Collaborate, and communicate with Supplier Engineering, on sourcing initiatives, to ensure buy in, alignment and support
• Implement Short-Term Problem Containment and Long-Term Corrective Action for Shortages and other process related issues, impacting material availability. This can include preparation of detailed recovery plans.
• Prepare RFQ’s to Suppliers and prepare final bid analysis, cost, tooling, NRE etc
• Identify and track purchasing related issues. Facilitate fast decision-making, by still maintaining and executing a strategic vision. Drive issues to closure.
• Collaborate with other colleagues in Purchasing and also Supplier Engineeringin project coordinating and tracking new supplier onboarding requirements, and utilize IT tools to facilitate such, as well as general reporting on status of those onboarding activities
• Bachelors Degree preferred in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting or Engineering related field and 2 years experience.
• Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to drive issues to closure.
• Must have experience leading supply chain projects (example – supplier onboarding) and working with cross-functional teams to successfully introduce new products, ideally medical
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to relate multiple personality types across multiple product realization disciplines. Experience presenting to Senior Management.
• Demonstrate real excitement to learn and resolve problems.
• Good knowledge of medical device regulatory requirements and processes is highly preferred
• APICS certification or equivalent desirable.
• Strong analytical skills, including data mining, Excel (graph’s, pivot tables, v-look up’s, conditional formatting etc.) Power Point and other Office tools.
• Experience with Agile and SAP preferred.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
9 days 2 hours ago
applyBuyer & Project Coordinator Intuitive Surgical, Inc. - Sunnyvale, CA, United States
The idea of surgical robotics was little more than a curiosity until 1999, the year Intuitive Surgical introduced the da Vinci® Surgical System. Today, Intuitive Surgical is the global leader in the rapidly emerging field of robotic-assisted minimally invasive surgery. Since its inception, the company has consistently provided surgeons and hospitals with the tools needed to improve clinical outcomes and to help patients return to active and productive lives. - See more at: http://www.intuitivesurgical.com/company/#sthash.g55v5yPr.dpuf
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Marketing Manager
Redwood City, CA
- Assistant Director - Sourcing (Category Management) (42570)
Palo Alto, CA
- Account Management Coordinator
San Mateo, CA
- REX Real Estate Agent
Palo Alto, CA
View More Jobs in Sunnyvale, CA:
- View More Jobs in Sunnyvale, CA
- More Buyer Project Coordinator Jobs in Sunnyvale, CA
- More Intuitive Surgical, Inc. Jobs in Sunnyvale, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Buyer Project Coordinator Jobs in California
- More Intuitive Surgical, Inc. Jobs in California