Buyer/Commodity SpecialistAMETEK, Inc. - Peabody, MA
TMC is the leader in precision floor vibration isolation technology serving major research centers, OEM and end-user semiconductor manufacturers, university research laboratories, drug discovery companies, and nanotechnology labs.
We are a unit of AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electro-mechanical devices with annualized sales of $3.5 billion.
We are actively seeking qualified candidates in the following area: Buyer/Commodity Specialist
The Buyer / Commodity Specialist reports directly to the Materials Manager and is responsible for day-to-day effective purchasing of direct and indirect material as well as development and execution of strategic commodity plans and procurement process improvements. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, a sense of urgency, ability to think strategically, and excellent problem solving, communication, negotiation, and teamwork skills. Success will be measured through tracked results in the areas of P.P.V. (purchase price variance), inventory turns, supplier performance, and support towards the business’ goals. Success will also be measured by the individual’s ability to develop and implement well planned and creative commodity plans and procurement process improvements.
• Achieve P.P.V. goals for commodities of responsibility
• Achieve inventory reduction goals
• Support company-wide goals for on-time delivery to customer request dates
• Procurement of direct and indirect material in designated areas of responsibility
• Ensure high quality products from suppliers within commodities of responsibility
• Develop and execute strategic commodity plans and procurement process improvements
• Perform high quality transactions to eliminate A/P (Accounts Payable) issues and ensure efficient materials receiving
• Develop new vendor relationships and procurement channels necessary to support business and supply chain objectives.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a manufacturing and/or procurement environment.
• Ability to effectively negotiate price, quality, delivery, and other terms with suppliers
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proactive: bias for action - sense of urgency
• Ability to work in cross-functional teams
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Attention to detail
• Highest level of personal, professional, and ethical conduct
• Leadership ability
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
26 days 1 hour ago
applyBuyer/Commodity Specialist AMETEK, Inc. - Peabody, MA, United States
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annualized sales of $3.5 billion. AMETEK has nearly 14,000 colleagues at over 120 manufacturing locations around the world. Supporting those operations are more than 80 sales and service locations across the United States and in more than 30 other countries around the world.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Product Marketing Manager - EPFR
- Raw Materials Operations Lead - Supplier Quality
View More Jobs in Peabody, MA:
- View More Jobs in Peabody, MA
- More Buyer Commodity Specialist Jobs in Peabody, MA
- More AMETEK, Inc. Jobs in Peabody, MA
View More Jobs in Massachusetts:
- View More Jobs in Massachusetts
- More Buyer Commodity Specialist Jobs in Massachusetts
- More AMETEK, Inc. Jobs in Massachusetts