Business Unit Controller SeniorFreddie Mac - McLean, VA
Position OverviewThe Business Unit Controller Senior role will be part of the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP & A) group within Single Family (SF) Finance CFO department that supports the Pricing, Sourcing and CRT areas of the SF Business. The FP&A team is responsible for developing, generating, analyzing reports related to the Single Family business and helping support business decisions across our business partners. Single Family FP&A team engages business areas across the company to track and report on trends that impact overall Single Family business. This team is also responsible for measuring and reporting SF Capital and Profitability (ROE) on a quarterly basis to FHFA.
• Develop, use and/or analyze quantitative models that assess the market, credit and/or operational risks of new and existing financial and mortgage products or portfolios to support business and risk decisions.
• Develop, validate or evaluate model input, methodology, implementation and output of models or analytic applications.
• Plan, execute, and document complex financial models.
• Provide model use risk assessments based on findings.
• Provide modeling and analytical assistance to a line of business or product area, functioning as day-to-day technical expert.
• Evaluate and manage risks associated with the company's models and/or model applications.
• Perform detailed model validation reviews, establishing performance thresholds, researching model approaches, creating alternative models and other means.
• Explain to stakeholders how a model and model process operates, what risks are inherent in the model or model process, and what controls exist to mitigate those risks.
• May interact with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters frequently requiring coordination across organizational lines.
• Work on multi-disciplinary projects with a strong customer focus
• Customer, Segment and total Single Family level reporting and analytics
Qualifications• 5- 7 years of experience with economic and/or financial modeling
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in data science, applied mathematics, economics, physics, econometrics, finance, engineering, statistics, computer science or related quantitative discipline
• Experience with modern econometric/statistics estimation techniques; programming in SAS,R ,MATLAB and/or C ; and, working with large data sets
Preferred Skills• Master’s degree, Ph.D. or foreign equivalent in data science, applied mathematics, economics, physics, econometrics, finance, engineering, statistics, or computer science or related quantitative discipline
• 3 years of experience with economic and/or financial modeling, which includes experience with: modern econometric/statistics estimation techniques; programming in SAS, R, MatLab and/or C ; and, working with large data sets
• 5-7 years of experience in a business analysis role (business process, data, forecasting, research, testing, etc.)
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
• Experience with mortgage and financial services industries
• Understanding of SFP data and ex ante profitability results
• Proven ability to learn new business concepts and skills quickly
• Self-starter/independent thinker: demonstrated ambition to take on new roles with increasing responsibility with limited guidance and direction
• Proficiency with MicroStrategy
• Analytical thinking; able to amass and analyze large volumes of data
Closing StatementToday, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Apply for this job at http://freddiemac.contacthr.com/57893099
View More FREDDIE MAC Jobs
6 days 7 hours ago
applyBusiness Unit Controller Senior Freddie Mac - McLean, VA, United States
Freddie Mac was chartered by Congress in 1970 with a public mission to stabilize the nation's residential mortgage markets and expand opportunities for homeownership and affordable rental housing. Our statutory mission is to provide liquidity, stability and affordability to the U.S. housing market.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Federal Pricing Manager
- Mid-Level Java Developer, Contract to Hire Job
- Senior Lead Contracts Administrator w/ TS Clearance
- Tax Accountant 4 - Tax Risk Consultant, Wholesale Group Risk...
- Collateral Analyst 1
View More Jobs in McLean, VA:
- View More Jobs in McLean, VA
- More Business Unit Controller Senior Jobs in McLean, VA
- More Freddie Mac Jobs in McLean, VA
View More Jobs in Virginia:
- View More Jobs in Virginia
- More Business Unit Controller Senior Jobs in Virginia
- More Freddie Mac Jobs in Virginia