Business Systems AnalystOil States Industries, Inc - Arlington, TX
Are you interested in a position that is challenging and innovative? Be part of what’s next!
Oil States Industries, Inc. is a highly respected global designer and manufacturer of diverse products for offshore platforms, subsea pipelines, defense and general industrial applications. Since our founding in 1942, we have been known as innovators - crossing new frontiers in all the markets we serve. We continue to pioneer products and solutions through application of our technologies across industry boundaries. Oil States recognizes that our employees are our greatest asset and we offer employee programs that enrich and protect our employees.
Oil States is currently looking for qualified candidates for an Business Systems Analyst II.
The Business Systems Analyst’s role is to plan, design, develop, and launch efficient business, financial, and operations systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This includes gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. The Business Systems Analyst is also responsible for generating and compiling reports based on findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy & Planning
• Meet with decision makers, system owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals.
• Lead design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
• Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
• Identify and establish scope and parameters of systems analysis in order to define outcome criteria and measure-taking actions.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications and/or enhancements to existing applications.
• Conduct research on software and hardware products to identify modern technologies of use to the business and support their purchasing efforts.
• Support multiple, concurrent projects of varying complexity with minimal supervision
• Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations or alternatives that address existing potential trouble areas in applications across the organization.
• Create system design proposals.
• Develop business cases to support organizational initiatives and projects.
• Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems and/or projects to aid management in making implementation decisions.
• Ensure compatibility and interoperability of internally developed applications.
• Create business requirements documents (BRD) or functional requirements documents (FRD) that contain system models, specifications, diagrams, and/or charts to provide direction to system programmers.
• Coordinate post-implementation support for new and modified systems, including in-depth tests, end user reviews and specific training/guidance as needed.
• Provide detailed updates on assigned initiatives to project manager and work within project timelines.
• Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
• May at times provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor degree in a related field with at least 2 years of related experience or at least 6 years related work experience without a degree.
• Business Analysis or Project Management Certification a plus.
• Passport for international travel.
Knowledge & Experience
• Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
• Working technical knowledge of a variety programming languages.
• Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
• Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
• Practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
• Practical knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and IT deployments
• Practical knowledge of manufacturing and accounting processes preferred.
• Experience working with Enterprise Resource Programs (ERP) such as Glovia, SAP, JDE, Hyperion, Ultipro, Corptax, etc.
• Proven experience in the operation and analysis of database hardware, software, and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong listening and interpersonal skills.
• Logical and efficient.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
• Some travel required, including international travel.
• Prolonged sitting.
• Occasional bending and lifting.
• Moderate walking.
We may also consider candidates for a lower level position depending on the experience and qualifications of the candidate and the needs of the business.
The position is also known as Business Analyst (BA).
Be part of what’s next at Oil States Industries, Inc.!
Over 70 years in business
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
11 days 5 hours ago
applyBusiness Systems Analyst Oil States Industries, Inc - Arlington, TX, United States
Oil States Industries, Inc. is a subsidiary of Oil States International, Inc. and is located in multiple countries around the world. Oil States Industries operates in four market segments: Offshore Oil and Gas, Land Oil and Gas, Defense and General Industry. These four markets are serviced by Oil States' three divisions: the Offshore Construction Group, the Elastomer Group and the Marine Pipelines Group. Oil States is headquartered in Arlington, Texas, USA, with locations in 11 countries and more than 1,700 employees worldwide. We are a leading manufacturer of deepwater production products and subsea pipelines and pride ourselves in our innovative solutions for industry demands.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Cyber as a Service – Threat Detection & Response – Analy...
- Cyber as a Service - Threat Exposure Management - Analyst
- Cyber as a Service - Threat Exposure Management - Associate ...
- Cyber as a Service - Threat Exposure Management - Senior Ana...
- Information Systems Analyst II
View More Jobs in Arlington, TX:
- View More Jobs in Arlington, TX
- More Business Systems Analyst Jobs in Arlington, TX
- More IT Jobs in Arlington, TX
- More Oil Gas Jobs in Arlington, TX
- More Oil States Industries, Inc Jobs in Arlington, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Business Systems Analyst Jobs in Texas
- More IT Jobs in Arlington, TX
- More Oil Gas Jobs in Arlington, TX
- More Oil States Industries, Inc Jobs in Texas