Business Systems Analyst - TechnologyAmeriprise Financial, Inc. - Minneapolis, MN
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we’re not just in the business of managing our clients’ finances — we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential, too. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You’ll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.
The primary role of the Business Systems Analyst is to provide advisor-facing support for the Ameriprise Brokerage Platform. Accountable for end-to end support, working directly with impacted end-users to understand, troubleshoot and facilitate incident resolution though internal and 3rd part vendor partners. Supports BAU, projects and operational incidents impacting availability performing validation and business impact analysis.
- Provides advisor-facing support for the Ameriprise Brokerage Platform and integrated tools.
- Liaises with the help desk, Executive Services, 3rd party vendors and other key internal partner support teams to ensure effective handling of sensitive issues, including troubleshooting, communication and support through to effective resolution for impacted end-users.
- Supports during operational incidents impacting systems availability, providing business impact assessment, and communications for our advisors, business partners, capability owners and stakeholders.
- Maintain all needed support documentation including operational support and process documentation.
- Participates in providing 24x7 on-call support (on a team rota-basis) for Ameriprise Brokerage Platform and other supported tools capabilities impacted by releases, and incidents impacting availability.
- Assist with the production check-out process, including review of reports, data files and Online screens to ensure technical solutions perform according to the specifications and meet defined validation plans.
- Identify potential solutions for the business and provide input to issues or risks (through solid knowledge of the business and tools supported).
- Identify project interdependencies and communicate requirement/scope issues and participate in driving them to resolution for inclusion in the functional specifications.
Change & Release Management
- Supports projects and change management processes by performing business and support impact assessment and participates in operational readiness reviews for any tools impacted.
- Assist with release management, and provide support to the team as needed for QA regression testing for all supported changes and releases affecting tools supported by the team, including third-party vendor changes and releases.
- Complete project work objects and deliverables using Ameriprise Quality Measurement Systems (AQMS) standards.
- Takes initiative to develop expert level knowledge in all systems, processes and data relating to the assigned business or project.
- Leverages (or develops) domain expertise and analyst practice expertise to provide the most effective solutions to the business partners in the most efficient means possible.
- Educate business partners on systems capabilities and the feasibility of developing specific solutions.
- Establish & maintain strong relationships within the department & across business functions.
- Leverage technical knowledge & business expertise to manage effective working relationships with technology teams and business partners at management and end user levels.
- Negotiate technical and non-technical solutions the end-user and aligns with business and support strategies.
- Actively champion and contribute to the continuous improvement of support provided, using innovative ideas, with supporting metrics where applicable, to increase effectiveness of the overall support experience for our advisors and clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field; or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- 3 years of demonstrated experience in business and functional requirements elicitation, translation and documentation.
- Strong analytic skills including ability to identify patterns, potential issues and then translate those into functional and test requirements.
- Solid understanding of business functional areas and business management issues as well as the IT organizations systems and capabilities.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use the appropriate modeling methodologies and toolsets, requirements management methodologies and toolsets, requirements visualization methods and toolsets, and artifact versioning tools.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with Thomson One and Thomson Wealth Management suite with focus on trading tools.
- Experience with providing advisor-facing support using tools such as Bomgar and Service Now.
Apply for this job at https://ameriprise.contacthr.com/59601516
View More Ameriprise Jobs
9 days 23 hours ago
applyBusiness Systems Analyst - Technology Ameriprise Financial, Inc. - Minneapolis, MN, United States
Ameriprise Financial is a global financial leader. Integrity has been a core value since we were founded by John Tappan in 1894. It's how, through panics, recessions, the Great Depression and the recent Great Recession, we've grown into a global financial leader. We've never taken a bailout. Never lost our focus on our clients. That's who we are. During trying economic times our strength, integrity, our breadth of services and personal relationships have made us America’s leader in financial planning.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Business Systems Analyst II
Eden Prairie, MN
- RCIS - Business Systems Analyst
- Principal Architect - Digital
- Senoir IT Business Systems Analyst – ServiceNow
Mounds View, MN
- Senior IT System Analyst, OCIO - Eden Prairie, MN
View More Jobs in Minneapolis, MN:
- View More Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More Business Systems Analyst Technology Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More IT Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More Ameriprise Financial, Inc. Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
View More Jobs in Minnesota:
- View More Jobs in Minnesota
- More Business Systems Analyst Technology Jobs in Minnesota
- More IT Jobs in Minneapolis, MN
- More Ameriprise Financial, Inc. Jobs in Minnesota