Business Development Capture ManagerLockheed Martin Corporation - Littleton, CO
Business Development Capture Manager
Cohesively collaborate with Commercial Civil Sales team, Lockheed Martin International representatives, and in-country consultants to help identify, filter, mature, and formulate strategies for international opportunities.
Foster and maintain customer relationships, and regularly interface with them to shape and win new business.
Support efforts to expand the corporation's footprint in non-traditional satellite sales market (i.e. LM500x, Civil exploration and Manned Space Programs).
Partner with Capture Mangers to develop winning campaign plans for multiple opportunities from early shaping phase to proposal submittal through negotiations/program transition.
Collaborate with the team to design, development, and delivery of compliant, customer-focused, highly competitive $100M type of proposal efforts, as well as, Request for Information (RFI) efforts.
Incorporate best practices and key lessons learned from past Commercial Space proposals.
Scope, request, and manage proposal budgets and continue to look for proposal process efficiencies to maximize annual internal funding.
Build project plans to effectively lead cross-functional proposal teams and associated budgets.
Write, rewrite and/or edit proposals and other technical customer marketing material.
Lead and/or participate in capture review teams such as Customer Value Propositions, Back Hats, Gold, Pink, and Red Team Reviews.
Understand Price-To-Win and commercial competitive landscape.
Perform position-to-win analysis, develop pricing targets, and drive proposal team to them.
Effectively socialize and negotiate Make/Buy plans to a wide range of audiences.
Create presentations to effectively communicate campaign strategies to all levels of the organization including Executive Directors, VPs, LOB VPs, and Functional Directors.
Hire, interface with, and manage international consultants to enhance our customer relationships to meet emerging business needs
This position requires a can-do, proactive, tenacious attitude. International travel, as required.
• 3 years of industry experience
• 1 years of related Sales, Marketing, Business Development or Capture Manager experience/knowledge
• Strong presentation, written, and negotiation skills
• Some capture experience on a variety of opportunities including a relevant mix of program types, complexities, products, technologies and customers
• Ability to convey complex, technical information effectively and succinctly in written form.
• Must be able to interpret, paraphrase and rewrite engineering source data into a form suitable for the customer
• Some experience in developing key proposal messages, understanding technical program content, and transforming ideas/messages into high-quality visuals and compelling messaging
• Must be willing to travel and work away from home for extended periods of time and with short notice
• Must be able to work varying schedule with high levels of overtime as driven by proposal demands (e.g., overtime hours on nights and weekends)
• Ability to obtain and maintain cooperative relationships with peers. Candidate must also possess good interpersonal skills (both for written and oral communications); and be capable of working independently or as part of a team
• Must be able to hold up under intense scrutiny by customers and stay positive, with Can-Do attitude
• Ability to organize effectively, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and complete tasks on time without daily supervision
• Ability to represent compelling differentiation through pinpointing value added opportunities to meet client needs.
• Comprehensive business development skills including customer/opportunity management
• Knowledge of Commercial Space industry and customer base
• Both domestic and International capture experience
• Familiarity of commercial competitive landscape
• Familiarity with Satellite Communications technologies (i.e. Digital Processing, Electronically Steered Arrays, Ground/Networking concepts)
• Hands-on commercial or Civil program experience
• TS/SCI Clearance to collaborate across business units to push commercial products
Language skills a plus including but not limited to: French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, and Arabic
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Littleton Colorado
Lockheed Martin Jobs
applyBusiness Development Capture Manager Lockheed Martin Corporation - Littleton, CO, United States
Our employees are the core of our business here at Lockheed Martin. As the leading global security & aerospace company—and the #1 IT provider to the U.S. government—Lockheed Martin is a 115,000 person-strong team working to support the U.S. and its allies in the research, development and sustainment of advanced technology systems & services worldwide. Specialties Aeronautics, Information Technology, Space Systems, Defense, Technology, Cyber Security Over one hundred years ago, on August 16, 1912, Glenn L. Martin established the Glenn L. Martin Company in Los Angeles, California. He started the company after building his first plane in a rented church, where he took a leap of faith on his risky but innovative new aircraft design at the urging of none other than Orville Wright. Four months later and four hundred miles away, on December 19, 1912, Allan and Malcolm Lockheed founded the Alco Hydro-Aeroplane Company, later renamed the Lockheed Aircraft Company. Talented mechanics, they set up shop out of a garage, constructing seaplanes that would shatter speed and distance records for overwater flights.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Business Development Capture Manager (Staff)
- Business Development Capture Manager (Senior Staff)
- Business Development Manager
- Revenue Integrity Administrator
View More Jobs in Littleton, CO:
- View More Jobs in Littleton, CO
- More Business Development Capture Manager Jobs in Littleton, CO
- More Lockheed Martin Corporation Jobs in Littleton, CO
View More Jobs in Colorado:
- View More Jobs in Colorado
- More Business Development Capture Manager Jobs in Colorado
- More Lockheed Martin Corporation Jobs in Colorado