Business Banking Specialist JobComerica - Phoenix, AZ
Vice President, Business Banking Specialist
The Business Specialist is responsible for supporting retail banking centers in the development of our Community Banking Segment which is responsible for building relationships with small business with revenues up to $2 million and lending needs up to $250 thousand.
Successful incumbents are customer focused, have strong decision quality, drive for results, are good listeners and creative thinkers, negotiate well, take command of the situation, build strong peer relationships and manage with courage.
1. Develop new and existing small business customers with a specified portfolio. Extensive cold calling to identify new business opportunities and retain, service, cross-sell, and receive referrals from existing relationships.
2. Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the lending process. Work in conjunction with the Banking Center Manager to identify the client's business and personal financial needs and sell the appropriate product(s) and/or services from the bank's full line of products and services. Cross-sell commercial loans, services, personal checking, home equity, and any generated referrals by developing and maintaining consultative relationships with other Comerica sales personnel.
3. Execute and coordinate retention activities with branches and call center in response to competitor's activities.
4. Manage the overdraft decision process and past due process for portfolio customers.
5. Develop and maintain effective relationships with Comerica sales personnel, Region and Market CEO's, Regional Managers, Banking Center Managers, Commercial Loan Center and others within the bank by coaching and developing knowledge in other areas in Business Banking sales and loan procedures.
6. Support Banking Center Manager and Commercial Bankers as needed to transition and work with them to transition new customers into the Small Business portfolio as appropriate.
7. Initiate and facilitate the resolution of the credit approval process by determining the borrower's need, assisting with the completion of an accurate loan application, determining the appropriate small business loan product and obtaining the requisite financial credit data.
8. Remain informed of the bank's credit standards, pricing structure, loan policy, customer service practices, relevant legal issues and other information fundamental to the successful execution of the Business Relationship Banker job duties.
9. Document and report all business development activities.
10. Coach and mentor a team of Community Banking Specialists.
11. Perform other duties and projects as required.
Some travel is required of this position.
Relocation is not available for this position.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university OR 12 years of financial services experience
* 7 years of lending experience
* 7 years of business development experience
* 7 years of portfolio management experience
* 3 years of credit/underwriting experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
3 days 23 hours ago
applyBusiness Banking Specialist Job Comerica - Phoenix, AZ, United States
Comerica Incorporated is a financial services company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, strategically aligned into three major business segments: the Business Bank, the Retail Bank, and Wealth Management.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Client Care Associate Senior
- Claims Specialist II
- Sr Commercial Loan Administrator II
- Manager Bank Compliance Testing and Monitoring
- Bank Operations Processor Cash and General Ledger Balancing ...
View More Jobs in Phoenix, AZ:
- View More Jobs in Phoenix, AZ
- More Business Banking Specialist Job Jobs in Phoenix, AZ
- More Comerica Jobs in Phoenix, AZ
View More Jobs in Arizona:
- View More Jobs in Arizona
- More Business Banking Specialist Job Jobs in Arizona
- More Comerica Jobs in Arizona