Business Analyst 2Everest Consultants, Inc. - Vancouver, WA
Title: Business Analyst 2
Position Responsibilities include:
- Support business stakeholders and the facilitation process for gathering and analyzing information using standard tools and approaches to:
- Clarify business operations, functions, problems,
- Document/map the current and future state,
- Identify solution alternatives, evaluate the alternatives, and define procedures.
- Provide process and organizational expertise for facilitating, planning, and executing approved business operations and change initiatives consistent with TF's strategic business objectives.
- Conduct research, interview internal CLIENT customers / end-users, stakeholders and other interested internal parties to gather and understand customer / end-user requirements and/or business process, procedure or workflow development; present solution recommendations to CLIENT management and stakeholders for consideration and approval.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs; incorporate findings and insights into project and change management plans, decision-making information and recommendations and other project considerations as appropriate.
- Evaluate proposed and in-flight Transmission Field Services initiatives and assist BPA management is preparing business cases to support those initiatives.
- Assist with developing holistic assessments of operational, cultural, and organizational capabilities, resources, and risk factors and recommend whether ongoing programs, projects, operational processes, and IT support systems should be continued, eliminated, or redesigned to ensure initiative outcomes can be successfully managed, integrated and implemented.
- Assist in the performance of risk analysis to identify possible outcomes based on factors such as available financial programming levels, cross-functional and portfolio integration requirements, effectiveness of cost and project management controls, and level of effort required for project completion.
- Support the coordination of planning and execution milestones, schedules and tasks to facilitate successful completion of assigned initiatives. Identify project deliverables and deadlines, including coordination of communication plans, update management plans, as is and future state assessments, user guides, desk manuals, and other necessary support tools.
- Recommend program evaluation criteria and procedures that incorporate performance metrics, compliance requirements, and lessons learned. Recommend programmatic and process changes to functional managers based on trends and stakeholder feedback.
- Provide organizational and process analysis, reengineering, program planning and evaluation, and transition planning to facilitate the successful development and implementation of Transmission's business and strategic initiatives.
- Assist with analyzing organizational structure, functions, and processes in order to recommend changes for more effective allocation of resources, personnel utilization, processes, systems and controls, operational methods, and organizational efficiency. Recommend methods for enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of projects, programs and procedures through process modification and application of evolving technology.
- Maintain regular and consistent communication regarding project / assignment status and concerns, with appropriate parties, including the BPA manager, project manager, stakeholders, project team, business analyst team, etc.
- Develop /draft documentation to:
- Validate repeatability of processes,
- Facilitate training on new analytical tools,
- Support business continuity and knowledge transfer.
- Associates Degree is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, management, accounting, computer science or a related field is desirable.
- In lieu of Bachelor's Degree, an additional 2 years' experience in a related field is required This is a level 2 Position: 7 years work-related experience as an analyst and change manager, or 9 years' experience in a related field, with no applicable degree, is required.
- Related Experience
- Direct work experience and knowledge of analysis and change management principles and methodologies with a solid understanding of how analytics and change management support the change process is required.
- Demonstrated experience with analysis, project and change management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle is required.
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale organizational change efforts is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing communication plans and strategies for medium sized companies is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with the Prosci methodology for Change Management is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience with International Institute of Business Analysis methods is desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Software (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Visio flowcharts, MS Project and SharePoint); (MS Office 2010 proficiency required).
- Technical interviewing skills:
- Possess functional/process interviewing skills in the business environment
- Possess ability to facilitate groups through process design and requirements gathering sessions
- Possess analytical skills to analyze data, identify quality assurance/quality control issues, and identify failure or maintenance trends.
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process; including familiarity with change management toolkits.
- Ability to build credibility and trust among key project stakeholders
- Strong analytical thinking, critical thinking and decision making abilities.
- Strong technical writing skills and the ability to present information in various forms such as textual, graphical and statistical
- Demonstrated expertise with logical process modeling concepts sufficient to aid in the documentation and development of business and system requirements
- Ability to distinguish key interactions and connectives among enterprise server-client technical solutions involving hardware, networks, security and applications
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Experience with project management, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Carry out assigned tasks with a professional demeanor reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning and problem solving abilities
- Meet timelines, milestones, deliverables and provide timely (weekly) status updates
- Understand and follow established processes and procedures including Change Management, Work Tracking and Time Management
- Ensure proper identification as a contract worker in all communications, correspondence, etc.
- Local travel may be required, up to 5%.
- Overtime anticipated, may be up to 10%.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
6 days 22 hours ago
Everest Consultants, Inc.
applyBusiness Analyst 2 Everest Consultants, Inc. - Vancouver, WA, United States
Today's businesses require dynamic IT solutions designed to help cut costs, improve internal and external communications, safeguard information, enhance worker efficiency and drive organizational success. Everest Consultants Inc. is a trusted provider of software solutions and professional services. Through custom application development and integration of world class technologies, we implement complex solutions that satisfY enterprise needs and empower employees to deliver measurable value to their organizations.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Commercial Credit Analyst - Portland - (KH24882)
- Inventory/Finance Manager
- Operations Analyst 3
- Senior Accountant - Long-Term Liabilities
- Financial Analyst 2
View More Jobs in Vancouver, WA:
- View More Jobs in Vancouver, WA
- More Business Analyst 2 Jobs in Vancouver, WA
- More Accounting Jobs in Vancouver, WA
- More Everest Consultants, Inc. Jobs in Vancouver, WA
View More Jobs in Washington:
- View More Jobs in Washington
- More Business Analyst 2 Jobs in Washington
- More Accounting Jobs in Vancouver, WA
- More Everest Consultants, Inc. Jobs in Washington