Branch Manager - Healthcare DivisionSecuritas Canada - Oakland, CA
Provides leadership for assigned Healthcare Branch; ensures delivery of quality services; manages operations efficiently and effectively to achieve service and profitability objectives. Initiates the integration of additional business. Coordinates and directs client transitions. Implements client satisfaction drivers. Coaches, trains, and develops Account or field managers and supervisors. Promotes client and employee retention initiatives.
The Branch Manager for Healthcare primary objective will be to assist and support the assigned organization in maintaining a safe, secure and threat free environment on behalf of the clients patients, physicians, staff, visitors, & volunteers. The Branch manager is to reduce the potential for liability and protect the assets of the assigned healthcare facilities. The Branch Manager shall provide a framework for the successful implementation and maintenance of a comprehensive security program. The Branch Manager has the overall responsibility of meeting the responsibilities needs of the assigned Healthcare Facility, its employees, patients, visitors, volunteers, and physicians. The Branch Manager will also serve as an integral part of the Hospitals Environment of Care Committee and the Emergency Preparedness and Threat Management team.
This position is assigned the responsibility and is authorized by the Area Vice President to proactively take any and all steps necessary to eliminate any unsafe conditions or threats which could result in personal injury, loss of assets or property damage in a manner which is consistent with the mission and philosophy of the assigned Healthcare organization.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Ensures the delivery of high quality customer service through regular contact with clients; evaluates service quality and initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Analyzes operational and financial indicators to continuously improve Branch performance; ensures positive financial operations with area accountability.
- Meets regularly with client representatives for status updates and address any actual or potential problems; supports client temporary start-ups; carries out security planning, assessments and surveys; reviews and updates post orders.
- Recruits, selects, orients, trains, and develops high caliber staff in collaboration with Area management; plans, assigns, and directs work; coaches employees to enhance skills; carries out disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Develops and administers Branch Healthcare Security Competency Tasks and its associated checklist in collaboration with Area management.
- Maintains a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, standards, policies and procedures; acts to ensure that staff members understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, standards, policies and procedures.
- Authorizes appropriate expenditures including equipment, supplies, and vehicles; ensures vehicles are properly maintained and administers driver training; ensures adequate inventory of uniforms, radios, etc.; maintains and submits payroll records and other required information.
- Ensures scheduling is handled effectively to meet client requirements while controlling labor costs; reviews site reports to ensure post orders and client directions have been followed.
- Provides input to company, Region and Area initiatives; promptly assists in the resolution of legal, financial, human resources, and administrative issues.
- Performs additional functions, duties and specific tasks of similar nature and scope as necessary in order to achieve assigned business objectives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Must have the ability to plan, organize and implement administrative and operational programs and procedures, which includes the development of budgets.
Must have at least five (5) years of experience in the security, parking, or related field; with at minimum of three (3) years in supervisory or managerial level, preferably in healthcare environment.
Additional relevant experience can be substituted for the required education on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education.
Must have knowledge of and have experience with parking and transportation systems and its related issues or problems.
Associates degree or College graduate preferred with emphasis in Administration of Justice, law enforcement, security, or criminology or have an advanced military background.
Must posses a valid current California drivers license. IAHSS certifications are preferred. CHPA (Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator), CHSP (Certified Healthcare Safety Professional) or HEM (Certified Healthcare Environmental Manager) designations are desirable.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Knowledge of security operations.
- Knowledge of Healthcare operations, management and human resources administration.
- Use of personal computer and computer program software.
- Ability to synthesize business/financial data and develop solutions.
- Planning, organizing and leadership skills.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- Strong customer service and service delivery orientation.
- Ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to be an effective leader and member of teams.
- Ability to take initiative and achieve results.
- Knowledge, training, and/or experience in safety, fire protection, civil disturbance, emergency preparedness procedures and planning, C.P.R./AED, Security and Safety issues and standards as set forth by OSHA and TJC is preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, media and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular use of vehicle required in the performance of duties.
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 75 pounds.
- Frequent walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling in the performance of site surveys.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent travel to client sites for oral presentations, group meetings, and site surveys.
- Directing, motivating, training, coaching, and disciplining staff in a positive manner.
- Reading and analyzing reports and financial data, including related computer usage.
- Responding on an on-call basis to emergencies and incidents at all hours.
- The duties of this job include possible exposure to deadly weapons, injury from violent persons, infectious persons, gases and fumes, blood and body fluids, hazardous chemicals, heat, wind, rain and cold; the employee must understand and demonstrate the ability to take protective actions, following established guidelines. The noise level in the work environment can vary from extreme noise to extreme quiet.
- Must be able to move quickly throughout the Hospital and physically restrain people by physically holding the individual down and then be able to also carry or lift the individual with other hospital staff members
- The ability to maintain mental stability under periods of stress. The ability to push or pull gurneys with patients of various weights on them.
Securitas employees come from all walks of life, bringing with them a variety of distinctive skills and perspectives. United through our common purpose, we provide the security needed to safeguard our clients' assets and people. Our core values - Integrity, Vigilance and Helpfulness - are represented by the three red dots in the Securitas logo. If you live by these values, we're looking for you to join the Securitas team.
5 days 22 hours ago
applyBranch Manager - Healthcare Division Securitas Canada - Oakland, CA, United States
Securitas AB provides security services in North America, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. The company operates through three segments: Security Services North America, Security Services Europe, and Security Services Ibero-America. It primarily offers specialized guarding and mobile services, monitoring, technical, and consulting and investigations solutions. It serves customers operating in various sectors, such as aviation, construction, cultural, education, energy, entertainment, events, financial, healthcare, hotels and tourism, industry and manufacturing, IT and high-tech, logistics, maritime, residential, and retail sectors; and offices, public agencies, and small and medium-sized enterprises. The company has a strategic alliance with California Association of Licensed Security Agencies. Securitas AB was founded in 1934 and is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Full Time Registered Nurse Care Manager
- Executive Director - Hospice Operations (36807) Job
- Executive Director - Hospice Operations - 10K Sign On Bonus
- Entry Level – Healthcare Recruiter
View More Jobs in Oakland, CA:
- View More Jobs in Oakland, CA
- More Branch Manager Healthcare Division Jobs in Oakland, CA
- More Healthcare Jobs in Oakland, CA
- More Securitas Canada Jobs in Oakland, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Branch Manager Healthcare Division Jobs in California
- More Healthcare Jobs in Oakland, CA
- More Securitas Canada Jobs in California