Boiler TechnicianThe Timken Company - Bucyrus, OH
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
(1) Legally has sole responsibility to maintain uninterrupted operation of high-pressure boilers, waste water treatment and oil recovery systems required to maintain production at two facilities (Bucyrus Bearing Plant and Bucyrus Distribution center). (2) Maintain that all processes are in compliance with city, state and federal requirements. Implement corrective actions whenever problems occur to avoid non-compliance. (3) Maintains all boilers and associated equipment, performs maintenance breakdowns and assists Senior Boiler operator designing needed revisions.
(1) Continuous (24hours/day/7 days per week) uninterrupted supply of constant steam pressure, at varying volumes, to two plants. (2) Satisfactory compliance during scheduled and unscheduled state inspections. (ex. Unscheduled state boiler inspector visits). (3) Medium level repair of plumbing, pumps and valves. Assist Senior Boiler Technician in major repairs and continuous improvement project. (4) Required to have the knowledge to perform mandatory EPA sampling and reporting of lake water, process/reclaim water and process/reclaim oils. (5) Required to perform and document Timken Environmental tank truck inspections. (6) Calculate the correct boiler-water chemical compounds to prevent deterioration and catastrophic failure of boiler equipment and underground piping resulting in extended plant downtime.
Expert knowledge of high pressure boiler operation
Waste water treatment experience
Decision making skills,to personal,equipment,and environmental safety
Proven leadership skills of medium to large scale projects
Team skills and problem solving skills
Medium level mchanical and electrical skill
Good house keeping habits
State of Ohio high pressure liscense
HIGH SCHOOL of General/Technical- Minimum
HIGH SCHOOL-GRAD EQUIV of GED- Minimum
ASSOCIATE of Technical- Minimum
REQUIRED- State of Ohio High Pressure License
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
16 days 10 hours ago
applyBoiler Technician The Timken Company - Bucyrus, OH, United States
As a global industrial technology leader, we apply our deep knowledge of metallurgy, friction management and power transmission to improve the reliability and efficiency of machinery all around the world. We engineer, manufacture and market mechanical components and high-performance steel. Our bearings, engineered-steel bars and tubes -- as well as transmissions, gearboxes, chain and related products and services -- support diversified markets worldwide.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Industrial Electrician & Controls Technician
- Boiler Technician Boiler Service Commercial Industrial
- Engineer III - Boiler Technician - Military veterans preferr...
View More Jobs in Bucyrus, OH:
- View More Jobs in Bucyrus, OH
- More Boiler Technician Jobs in Bucyrus, OH
- More The Timken Company Jobs in Bucyrus, OH