Associate Scientist II, Molecular DiscoveryBiogen - Cambridge, MA
Investigate the mechanism of action of therapeutic drug candidates. Develop relevant in-vitro assays and contribute to team efforts to support in-vivo studies.
Independently review relevant literature to understand and propose the best methods that can be applied to the needs of the group.
Keep abreast of, and use, state-of-the-art technologies.
Prepare, review and deliver scientific presentations for internal/external use.
External Posting Title
Associate Scientist II, Research
Research & Development
1. Must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of experimental design, underlying scientific principles, and the ability to independently assess results.
2. A strong track record of experience with both in-vitro and in-vivo models.
3. Demonstrated a track record of providing support activities for different research projects, and contributed as an author to peer-reviewed publications.
4. Excellent communication skills and ability to present data, and the ability and willingness to work effectively in a highly collaborative research environment.
•\tExcellent experience in in-vitro systems (cell-based and biochemical assay development, flow cytometry).
•\tExcellent hands-on capabilities working with rodents and conducting surgical techniques. Knowledge in immunohistochemistry techniques is preferable.
•\tAbility to conduct independent research.
•\tAbility to collaborate and work in a matrixed environment.
BS with at least 6-12 years or MS with at least 4 years of academic and/or industry experience
The New Indications Research Unit Research group is seeking independent and motivated associate scientist to join a research team focused on the rapid progression of novel therapeutics to humans for inflammatory/fibrotic and neurologic diseases. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting a clinical stage program in addition to validating novel targets and investigating the mechanism of action of therapeutic drug candidates.
10 days 18 hours ago
applyAssociate Scientist II, Molecular Discovery Biogen - Cambridge, MA, United States
Biogen Idec Inc. discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, hemophilia, and autoimmune disorders in the United States and internationally. Its marketed products include AVONEX for the treatment of relapsing multiple sclerosis (MS); TYSABRI to treat relapsing MS; RITUXAN for treating relapsed or refractory, CD20-positive, and B-cell Non-Hodgkins lymphoma (NHL); FUMADERM for the treatment of severe plaque psoriasis in adult patients; and FAMPYRA, an oral compound for the improvement of walking in adult patients with MS with walking disability. The companys products that completed Phase III clinical trials comprise TECFIDERA (BG-12) for MS; Peginterferon beta-1a to prolong the effects and reduce the dosing frequency of interferon beta-1a; and long-lasting Factor VIII and IX product candidates for the treatment of hemophilia. Its products under Phase III clinical trials consist of Daclizumab, a monoclonal antibody in relapsing MS; TYSABRI for secondary progressive MS; and GA101, a monoclonal antibody for chronic lymphocytic leukemia and NHL. The companys Phase II clinical trial products include Anti-LINGO for optic neuritis; STX-100 for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis; and ANTI-TWAEK for lupus nephritis. The companys Phase I clinical trial products comprise Anti-LINGO for MS; BIIB037 for Alzheimer's disease; Neublastin for neuropathic pain; and Anti-CD40 Ligand for general lupus, as well as Phase 1b/2a clinical trial product includes ISIS-SMNRx for spinal muscular atrophy. It has collaboration agreements with Genentech, Inc.; Elan Pharma International, Ltd; Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.; Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; and Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB. The company was formerly known as IDEC Pharmaceuticals Corporation and changed its name to Biogen Idec Inc. in November 2003. Biogen Idec Inc. was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Research Associate II, Biology
- Associate Scientist II, Antibody Discovery
- Scientist II, Research
- Research Associate II, Biology
View More Jobs in Cambridge, MA:
- View More Jobs in Cambridge, MA
- More Associate Scientist II Molecular Discovery Jobs in Cambridge, MA
- More Biogen Jobs in Cambridge, MA
View More Jobs in Massachusetts:
- View More Jobs in Massachusetts
- More Associate Scientist II Molecular Discovery Jobs in Massachusetts
- More Biogen Jobs in Massachusetts