Associate Product Manager of Connected In-Vehicle AppsGENERAL MOTORS. - Detroit, MI
GMs Global Connected Customer Experience (GCCX) group leads the transformation of the digital automotive customer ownership experience, including the strategy, programs and infrastructure to provide customers with best ownership and care experiences in the industry. In addition, the team develops the strategy and go-to-market initiatives for GMs global portfolio of connectivity and infotainment products and services. Also, growing and expanding the industry-leading OnStar connectivity, safety and security, service business across all of GMs regions falls under GCCX.
About In-Vehicle Applications:
As part of Digital Automotive Services, GM is creating compelling customer app experiences in the vehicle, built from cutting edge technology on next generation infotainment systems and OnStars 4G LTE connectivity. Cars, trucks and crossovers with that technology are loaded with possibilities to make our lives easier, more convenient, and more comfortable. And, because we can update the vehicles software, the car keeps getting better even after its sold.
As the Associate Product Manager of Connected In-Vehicle Apps you and the In-Vehicle Apps team are charged with growing the global in-vehicle app product line. This extends from increasing value of existing app products to developing new products that will directly contribute to GMs bottom line. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and commercial partners. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the organization. You will define product requirements and work with cross functional engineering teams to design, develop and release products. You will work with customer service to improve support of your products and gain understanding of issues. You will work with marketing communications to shape the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and customer needs. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offerings.
The person in this role will report to the Product Manager for Connected In-Vehicle Apps within the Connected Applications team in Global Connected Customer Experience (GCCX).
- Interface within GCCX as well as within the larger GM cross functional organization for in-vehicle app products, influencing and driving key decisions on connected consumer contenting and features
- Track to requirements for GCCX and GPD and work closely to deliver products on-time and with quality.
- Prioritize creation, enhancement or termination of offering, process or feature within relevant contexts such as improved user experience, platform investment, monetization opportunities and new business threats
- Manage product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product visions and authoring product roadmaps
- Define requirements/objectives then deliver on plan execution collaboratively to achieve stated goals. Ensure revenue and/or customer experience goals are met
- Define the key values and benefits of the created product and develop core positioning and messaging for infotainment and telematics products so it could be integrated into brand-centric and consumer-centric Go-To-Market plan
Key Elements/Focus Areas:
- Knowledge of app trends globally
- Understanding of developing trends in consumer electronics industry and how it intersects with automotive industry and implications
- Ability to translate global and regional trends and insights into meaningful product attributes
- Ability to influence and implement ideas cross functionally with appropriate level of regionalization
- Familiarity or experience with software development processes
- Comprehensive understanding of business operations in design, planning, marketing, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering and sales
- Bachelors degree required/Masters Preferred (Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related experience)
- 2-5 years Product Management and/or App Development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational agility
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Product and/or program management
- Technical acumen in infotainment and telematics
- Learning agility
- Customer focus
- Global sensitivity
Job ID: GCC*******
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
General Motors is pioneering a new era in the automotive industry, harnessing cutting-edge technologies and developing initiatives to change the way people think about mobility. And were gathering the best and brightest talent to help shape and bring our vision to life. Because were made for more. Together, we thrive in a culture of curiosity and tenacity, where we respond to every challenge with What if? From vehicle electrification and automation to connected cars and urban mobility solutions, were defying the limits of imagination. Our employees enjoy the resources and support they need to broaden their skills, achieve their goals, and set even higher ones. Were creating extraordinary products and services that delight our customers around the world, and were doing it with a commitment to strengthen our communities and preserve our planet. The opportunities at General Motors have never been more exciting. Are you made for more? Contact Info
- Detroit, MI
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
11 days 11 hours ago
applyAssociate Product Manager of Connected In-Vehicle Apps GENERAL MOTORS. - Detroit, MI, United States
General Motors Company (GM) designs, manufactures, and markets cars, crossovers, trucks, and automobile parts worldwide. The company markets its vehicles primarily under the Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Opel, Holden, and Vauxhall brand names, as well as under the Alpheon, Jiefang, Baojun, and Wuling brand names. It also sells cars and trucks to dealers for consumer retail sales, as well as to fleet customers, including daily rental car companies, commercial fleet customers, leasing companies, and governments. In addition, the company offers connected safety, security and mobility solutions, and information technology services. The company, through its subsidiary, General Motors Financial Company, Inc. provides automotive financing services and lease products through GM dealerships in connection with the sale of used and new automobiles that target customers with sub-prime and prime credit bureau scores. The company was founded in 1908 and is based in Detroit, Michigan.
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Detroit, MI:
- View More Jobs in Detroit, MI
- More Associate Product Manager of Connected In Vehicle Apps Jobs in Detroit, MI
- More IT Jobs in Detroit, MI
- More GENERAL MOTORS. Jobs in Detroit, MI
View More Jobs in Michigan:
- View More Jobs in Michigan
- More Associate Product Manager of Connected In Vehicle Apps Jobs in Michigan
- More IT Jobs in Detroit, MI
- More GENERAL MOTORS. Jobs in Michigan