Associate Food Channel ManagerFlowers Foods, Inc. - Tucker, GA
The Associate Channel Manager supports the Foodservice Channel Managers in growing channels within foodservice and will play an essential role in helping Flowers Foods reach its future growth targets. This position will work closely with the Consumer Insights team to relay important information to supervisors in order to create both short and longer term Channel strategies. The ideal candidate must have experience in strategic roles and have the ability to craft Consumer Insights into effective channel strategies and messaging. Ultimately, this position will gain broad exposure to all functional activities within a channel including Consumer insights, Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain and Finance, which will result in strengthened foodservice channel management fundamentals and a holistic approach to driving business growth.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support supervisor to manage and own the Foodservice channel P&L and collaborate with cross-functional partners to set channel strategy and make decisions that will result in successful execution of defined strategy.
- Provide input and insight to establish short and long term channel vision that aligns with Business Unit and Category strategies, determine key growth drivers, and develop foodservice customer specific objectives to drive profitable growth across category.
- Work closely with supervisor to oversee day-to-day activities at the channel level.
- Conduct regular business reviews with supervisors to align on growth objectives and strategic initiatives.
- Conduct weekly review with supervisors to discuss performance and constantly seek out personal growth opportunities in Foodservice Channel management and cross-functional collaboration.
- Help supervisor prepare for the annual Operating Plan (AOP) channel process and meetings, partner with AOP channel meeting attendees (Consumer Insights Manager, Media & Agency Marketing Partner, Product innovation Manager, Field Marketing Manager, Sales Partner, Supply Chain Partner and Finance Partner) to make AOP meetings and process effective and productive.
- Attend weekly channel calls with cross-functional team and follow-up on open items, solve issues live, discuss channel opportunities, and own pulse on the channel to determine next steps in accomplishing channel strategy with supervisor.
- Collaborate with Field Marketing by informing channel campaigns and consumer-level channel changes; learn foodservice customer insights and consumer reaction to campaigns and products for real-time channel feedback.
- Partner with Product innovation Manager to ensure that the channel is constantly innovating and meeting current and future foodservice customer and consumer needs.
- Align closely with Sales, Marketing, and Field Marketing to ensure channel messaging is being properly executed in the marketplace.
- Collaborate with cross-functional Sales Leaders on channel execution with foodservice customers and distributors and opportunities for new business.
- Work closely with Supply Chain to understand capacity constraints, product costs, and opportunities for efficiency.
- Align with Revenue Management on pricing strategies by region, product, and customer; gain insight on pricing strategies details and background to help supervisor make decisions on pricing guidelines.
- Collaborate with Marketing to effectively leverage media spend, partnerships and sponsorships to maximize channel performance.
- Understand end consumers in respective foodservice channel(s) at the deepest level in order to drive strategies that are below the surface and will identify with consumers.
DESIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Masters of Business Administration or minimum of 5 years' experience of relevant food industry experience in foodservice channel or brand management, innovation, marketing or strategy development.
- Ability to develop and execute growth strategies.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to motivate and lead others at all levels and functions.
- Previous experience in new product development, innovation and bringing ideas to market preferred.
- Previous marketing experience preferred.
- Effective public speaking skills and presence.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits including medical, dental, and 401(k). Please reply by 12/08/2017. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Flowers Bakeries, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO/AA/VETS/Disabled)
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Bill J Fuller at BILL.FULLER@FLOCORP.COM or 229-551-3101.
63 days 12 hours ago
applyAssociate Food Channel Manager Flowers Foods, Inc. - Tucker, GA, United States
Flowers Foods (NYSE: FLO), headquartered in Thomasville, Ga., is a leading producer and marketer of packaged bakery foods in the United States. The company operates 46 highly efficient bakeries that produce breads, buns, rolls, snack cakes, and pastries, which are distributed fresh to foodservice and retail customers in the Southeastern, Southwestern, and mid-Atlantic states and frozen to national foodservice and retail customers.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Associate Foodservice Channel Manager
View More Jobs in Tucker, GA:
- View More Jobs in Tucker, GA
- More Associate Food Channel Manager Jobs in Tucker, GA
- More Hospitality Jobs in Tucker, GA
- More Flowers Foods, Inc. Jobs in Tucker, GA
View More Jobs in Georgia:
- View More Jobs in Georgia
- More Associate Food Channel Manager Jobs in Georgia
- More Hospitality Jobs in Tucker, GA
- More Flowers Foods, Inc. Jobs in Georgia