Assistant ControllerEnPro Industries - Rome, GA
The Assistant Controller for the Rome business functions as a business partner with plant and financial management to effectively provide financial guidance, support, and leadership to manage the business. Works closely with the Controller to
lead the financial staff at the Rome plant and is responsible for business analysis, general accounting, payables, receivables, order entry, billing, cost accounting, bill of materials, financial reporting, and business planning.
Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
● Prepare and manage monthend activities, variance analysis, and monthly reconciliation.
● Ensures there are effective and efficient system of internal controls including; data integrity, asset protection,
segregation of duties, budgeting, financial reporting, information systems and adherence to corporate policies and
governmental regulations (GAAP, SOX, compliance, etc.).
● Analyze changes on product configuration, raw materials, manufacturing methods and services provided, to
determine the effects on product costs and internal product margins.
● Responsible for the maintenance and calculation of the standard costs. This starts will the bill of materials and item
cost, labor routings, labor rates, as well as overhead assignments.
● Provide indepth analysis on variances to plan, forecast, and prior year.
● Act as a resource to the nonfinancial leaders of the business providing education and training on the key principles
● Provide insightful and competitive analytics that anticipates change and drive decision making.
● Work across organization boundaries and all levels of the company to achieve plant, division or corporate.
● Provide product line and customer profitability analysis.
● Planning and auditor role for annual physical inventory. Preparation of book to physical adjustment and calculation of inventory reserves.
● Generally works in an office environment, but should be highly familiar with production operations and comfortable to regularly visit all operations.
● ERP implementation experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business.
- Costing in a manufacturing environment a strong plus.
- Generally works in an office environment, but should be highly familiar with production operations and comfortable to regularly visit all operations.
- Possible repetitive keyboard work.
- Sustained visual concentration on monitors, screens or worksheets.
- Possible lifting of office supplies up to 35 lbs.
- Limited overnight travel required.
10 days 13 hours ago
applyAssistant Controller EnPro Industries - Rome,GA,United States
EnPro Industries is a diversified manufacturer of proprietary engineered products used in critical applications. We are a leader in sealing technologies, metal polymer and filament wound bearings, components and service for reciprocating compressors, diesel and dual-fuel engines and other solutions that meet the needs of industries worldwide. Our commitment to innovation, quality and value has propelled our brands to wide recognition and leading positions in their markets. EnPro operates manufacturing facilities in North and South America, Europe and Asia; we employ more than 5,000 people worldwide, and our products are sold to more than 50,000 customers in over 100 countries across the globe.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Accounts Assistant
View More Jobs in Rome, GA:
- View More Jobs in Rome, GA
- More Assistant Controller Jobs in Rome, GA
- More Accounting Jobs in Rome, GA
- More EnPro Industries Jobs in Rome, GA
View More Jobs in Georgia:
- View More Jobs in Georgia
- More Assistant Controller Jobs in Georgia
- More Accounting Jobs in Rome, GA
- More EnPro Industries Jobs in Georgia