Assistant Actuary JobAmerican International Group, Inc. - Brentwood, TN
Major Functions and Responsibilities
* Prepare and analyze Monthly, Quarterly & Annual Valuation work
* Prepare and analyze the calculation of Stat, tax and GAAP reserves
* Assist with internal testing designed to ensure accuracy of data from valuation and admin systems
* Assist with the preparation and review of required SOX controls and other controls deemed necessary to maintain the integrity of the business
* Analyze and document causes with regards to variances in valuation results
* Assist in preparation of actuarial related portions of financial reports
* Review coding of valuation systems and formulas in spreadsheets for accuracy
* Improve processes related to valuation systems, spreadsheets, databases, and other valuation tools as necessary
* Provide support and explanations for reserve and DAC output as requested by internal and external auditors
* Support review and analysis related to regulations, reserve methodologies and other valuation issues
* Support other valuation projects as assigned
Ideal candidate will have a Bachelors Degree, will have attained an ASA designation and will have a minimum of 3 years experience in the industry. Valuation experience preferred.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
AIG Property Casualty
is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.
AIG Life and Retirement
is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
United Guaranty Corporation
is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com
: @AIG_LatestNews | LinkedIn
Start Date: asap
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
8 days 11 hours ago
applyAssistant Actuary Job American International Group, Inc. - Brentwood, TN, United States
American International Group, Inc. provides insurance products and services for the commercial, institutional, and individual customers in the United States and internationally. The company operates in two segments: AIG Property Casualty, and AIG Life and Retirement. The AIG Property Casualty segment offers casualty insurance products that cover general liability, commercial automobile liability, workers' compensation, excess casualty, and crisis management insurance; industrial energy-related and commercial property insurance products, which cover exposures to man-made and natural disasters; aerospace, environmental, political risk, trade credit, surety and marine insurance products for small and medium sized enterprises; and various forms of professional liability insurance products. It also provides personal accidental and supplemental health products for individuals, employees, associations, and other organizations; and life products, as well as a range of travel insurance products and services for leisure and business travelers. This segment distributes its insurance products and services through brokers, agents, and direct marketing and partner organizations, as well as the Internet. The AIG Life and Retirement segment offers a suite of products and services to individuals and groups, including term life insurance, universal life insurance, accident and health insurance, fixed and variable group annuities, administrative and compliance services, mutual funds, and financial planning. This segment distributes its products through banks, broker-dealers, financial advisors, independent marketing organizations, insurance agents, structured settlement brokers, benefit consultants, and direct-to-consumer platforms. The company also provides private residential mortgage guaranty insurance and direct investment book services; and derivatives intermediary services. American International Group, Inc. was founded in 1919 and is based in New York, New York.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Actuarial Assistant
- Submission for the position: Actuarial Director - Commercial...
- Director & Assistant Actuary – Modeling (Nebraska)
- Assistant Actuary, Medical Professional Liability - Ironshor...
View More Jobs in Brentwood, TN:
- View More Jobs in Brentwood, TN
- More Assistant Actuary Job Jobs in Brentwood, TN
- More American International Group, Inc. Jobs in Brentwood, TN
View More Jobs in Tennessee:
- View More Jobs in Tennessee
- More Assistant Actuary Job Jobs in Tennessee
- More American International Group, Inc. Jobs in Tennessee