Americas Field Operations Support Sales DirectorAgilent Technologies, Inc. - Santa Clara, CA
Americas Field Operations Support Sales Director
The Americas Support Sales channel is comprised of Territory Product Specialists, Transactional Sales Reps and Sales Agents focused on selling the full suite of Support Services to Agilent Life Science and Chemical Analysis customers in the US, Canada, and Latin America. As the Americas Field Operations (AFO) Support Sales Director, you play a pivotal role in leading and directly managing the AFO sales channel in order to achieve quota and drive profitable growth. You will work closely with the Support Services Division (SSD), the Laboratory Enterprise Division (LED) and the broader AFO sales organizations to develop sales plans and programs that deliver business results.
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek – so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
We are looking for a high potential leader ready to take on the challenge of running a multi-million dollar Support Service channel across the Americas; this will include developing sales and channel strategies, maximizing customer satisfaction and customer loyalty, and creating programs in order to achieve quota as well as double-digit growth within the operating budget and headcount targets.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensure that Agilent continues to develop sales and marketing industry leadership and that Agilent remains recognized as both the market and marketing leader in its business segments. Continue to develop a culture of innovation and excellence within the Agilent SSD sales organization
• Develop, in conjunction with the Agilent Senior Leadership Team, appropriate short, medium, and long-term tactics/strategies to reinforce Agilent as the global leader in Life Science and Applied Markets
• Leadership and direct management of the Support Sales Channels, comprised of Territory Product Specialists, Transactional Sales Reps and Sales Agents
• Quota achievement and profitable growth driving overall SSD/LED combined results; working closely with sales leadership to establish and monitor these goals, with refinements made as necessary throughout each fiscal year
• Develop an organization that is designed and staffed to meet the goals of the ACG business unit, while simultaneously seen as the employer of choice throughout the industry and by Agilent's own employees. Carry out a thorough team review to assess and strengthen the talent bench
• Development and execution of a sales plan, strategies and related programs to achieve the SSD AFO Support Services sales targets (at the point of instrument sale and after warranty expiration)
• Partnering with the Laboratory Enterprise Sales Channel to drive key customer engagements and smooth hand-offs
• Partnering with the instruments sales managers to develop sales strategies and plans for double digit growth of service agreements
• Partnering with the Support Services Division to define products and programs that drive services orders in AFO
• Represent the Life Science & Chemical Analysis organization in a positive and proactive matter within the Agilent regional leadership structure
• Appropriate undergraduate degree ideally in scientific discipline. Advanced business degree with emphasis on marketing/market management, MBA a plus or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 7 years relevant sales management experience with a proven track record in exceeding sales targets and goals; strong preference for experience in Senior Management leadership with a marketing-led company
• Experience in establishing and maintaining strategic account relationships and negotiating large, multi-year deals
• Demonstrated track record of managing multi-functional responsibilities within a global company; including profit and loss accountability
• A proven track record of profitable sales and market growth to be demonstrated over a sustained period of time
• Direct people management and sales management experience
• Experience modeling channel structure and managing indirect channels
• Proven track record of successful change management initiatives
• Proven track record of process and workflow improvements across organizations and sales channels
• Domestic and international/cross cultural exposure and experience, from a business and personal perspective. Experience in building and leading a multi-functional team.
• Excellent organization and planning skills
• Strong negotiation and enterprise level sales management skills.
• Demonstrated management, leadership and team-building skills within a complex cross-functional matrix organization
• Hands-on results oriented experience in the creation and execution of successful sales plans
• Demonstrated organizational development and collaboration skills are required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• A strong, strategic thinker, who is process-oriented, obsessed with continuous improvement, manages by fact and has excellent conceptual skills demonstrated through disciplined, succinct communication.
• Demonstrated leadership in a cross functional environment with the ability to lead, influence and shape opinion among a peer group of senior managers.
• Outstanding communication skills with an ability to clearly and crisply communicate such complex issues as Agilent's strategies, product plans, and its channel and brand management programs.
• Passion for talent development with the ability to select and grow high potential managers who will contribute to the growth of Agilent organization in the region.
• Strong drive for growth and success, highly driven with good maturity level
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact 1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Life Sciences and Applied Markets Group
Country or Area:
Yes, 50% of the Time
(Temp Positions Only):
HR Country Location:
HR Town/City Location :
8 days 8 hours ago
Please review all application instructions before applying.
Agilent is a leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets. The company provides laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise, enabling customers to gain the insights they seek. Agilent’s expertise and trusted collaboration give them the highest confidence in our solutions. Agilent focuses its expertise on six key markets, where we help our customers achieve their goals:
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Sr Manager, Finance SMS
- BDC Director Sales Manager Automotive Consultant San Jose
San Jose, CA
View More Jobs in Santa Clara, CA:
- View More Jobs in Santa Clara, CA
- More Americas Field Operations Support Sales Director Jobs in Santa Clara, CA
- More Sales Jobs in Santa Clara, CA
- More Marketing Jobs in Santa Clara, CA
- More Agilent Technologies, Inc. Jobs in Santa Clara, CA
View More Jobs in California:
- View More Jobs in California
- More Americas Field Operations Support Sales Director Jobs in California
- More Sales Jobs in Santa Clara, CA
- More Marketing Jobs in Santa Clara, CA
- More Agilent Technologies, Inc. Jobs in California