Agile ManagerTotal System Services, Inc. - Austin, TX
Every day, the people of TSYS® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are People-Centered Payments, and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — TSYS may be the right place for you.
Netspend is seeking an Agile Manager that will be responsible for attending to the environment, culture and people within an agile delivery system to foster personal development, professional development, and strong team performance. The successful candidate will have experience as a servant leader whose passion is to enable software engineers to excel at their craft and deliver value in an agile team environment. The Agile Manager's focus is process and people leadership and will not have delivery nor schedule responsibilities. This position requires strong communication, collaboration, and leadership skills combined with experience in complex software development organizations.
- Remove blocks that the team is not able to resolve by themselves. While the Scrum Master does this daily, the Agile Manager will need to focus on removing more systemic or company-wide blocks. These are often the most vexing problems in the organization, and will require management's influence, authority, and budget to overcome.
- Assist in the recruitment and hiring of new team-members (with the active involvement and input of the existing team-members)
- Provide support and assistance to teams and their Scrum masters with prompt and proactive removal of impediments that are harming teams' ability to be productive.
- Actively support Scrum masters' efforts to protect teams from disturbance, disruption, or outside interference.
- Coordinate the efforts of Software Development Communities of Practice by building backlogs of improvements and best practices to be shared and worked across the organization. Lead positive change across the organization
- Have a strategic view of their functional area and evaluate how well current skills and knowledge match future needs.
- Provide mentorship and career development advice and guidance to team-members. This mentorship should include technical mentorship, as well as soft-skills and other aspects of being effective and successful in an agile development organization.
- Plan and manage skills development and training for team-members. Think carefully about areas where their skills need greatest development, or where the most opportunity for improvement exists; work with the person to identify appropriate training; and obtain budget and time allowance to complete it.
- Stay up to date on industry news. Be knowledgeable about developments from our company, our competitors, and our largest customers, including financial performance, market share, product roadmap, and overall business strategy.
- Assist in financial planning and budgeting for teams, including anticipating future people requirements, time logging, project capitalization, skills development and training needs, tools and technologies required, hardware, travel, and any other resources that people will require.
- Provide performance feedback and complete performance evaluations for team-members. Informal performance feedback should be provided on a frequent basis, and should include feedback from fellow team-members. Feedback should be focused on recognition for achievement, and opportunities for growth.
- Experience within an IT software development organization with process design development exposure
- Maturity and experience to be a direct report to VP of Development
- Current and relevant people management experience that should include team member skills development and the ability to provide coaching/mentoring to Development team members
- Leading and coaching teams through an agile transformation is highly desirable
- An ability to thrive in an uncertain environment and to adapt change. This is a role that you will help define and grow over time
- Proven experience defining and creating processes that streamline the people-centered value chain in software development
- Strong communication skills and the demonstrated ability to affect departmental direction and impact goals
- Experience in recruiting and retaining talent in a competitive market
- Vision for big picture design, process improvements, and influencing change at the team member level
- As provided in NetSpend's Background Check policy, eligible candidates may be subject to drug, criminal history, and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws
JOB: IT - Applications
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-Texas-Austin
ORGANIZATION: NetSpend Corporation
JOB POSTING: Nov 21, 2016, 11:52:41 AM
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing
RECRUITER: LaVonne Sheets
8 days 22 hours ago
applyAgile Manager Total System Services, Inc. - Austin, TX, United States
The people of TSYS® believe we are part of something bigger. Each and every day, we have the opportunity to touch millions of people and businesses — both a tremendous honor and a huge responsibility. For each of life’s purchases, TSYS is behind the scenes making the process frictionless and safe.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Team Leader of Digital Experience
- Software Product Manager
- Implementation Project Manager
- Sr. Manager - Online Security Technologies
View More Jobs in Austin, TX:
- View More Jobs in Austin, TX
- More Agile Manager Jobs in Austin, TX
- More IT Jobs in Austin, TX
- More Total System Services, Inc. Jobs in Austin, TX
View More Jobs in Texas:
- View More Jobs in Texas
- More Agile Manager Jobs in Texas
- More IT Jobs in Austin, TX
- More Total System Services, Inc. Jobs in Texas