Advanced Social ScientistAltria Group, Inc. - Richmond, VA
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company whose mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products. Altria owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies’ brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country’s top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company.
The Consumer and Marketplace Insight department’s role is to provide high quality market research to the Altria family of companies by leveraging best in class techniques and supporting the exploration and development of innovative and cutting edge tools. We are currently seeking an experienced Advanced Social Scientist to join our department in Richmond, VA.
The selected candidate will be a critical resource in supporting our consumer perceptions and harm reduction platforms and requires working knowledge on key research topics such as marketing science models, survey methodology and perception and behavior research that lead to actionable consumer insights that support the Operating Companies.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT ALTRIA
• Execute and deliver large scale consumer research studies including development of statements of work and protocols and oversight of research vendors.
• Support qualitative and quantitative methodology development to assess consumer perceptions and behavioral intentions.
• Conduct scientific literature review and writing of narratives for regulatory applications.
• Manage multiple priorities and projects in a rapidly changing environment.
• Develop presentations from research studies conducted and aid in interpretation of the findings.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
• Advanced degree in Psychology, Sociology, Quantitative Methods, or related fields. PhD preferred.
• 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience (Background in behavioral research studies a plus)
• Proficient in scientific literature review and methodological designs
• Excellent advanced capabilities in survey development
• Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a deadline-oriented department and work in a collaborative manner in a team-oriented environment.
• Strong oral and written communications skills and the ability to summarize analyses in Microsoft Office (e.g., PowerPoint).
• Excellent understanding of consumer research, including survey design, methodology strengths and limitations, and how to best address business questions.
At Altria Client Services, we recognize that our people are the reason we achieve our business goals. We believe in developing the leadership potential of our employees by providing them with opportunities for training, development and advancement.
In addition to the opportunity to apply and develop your consumer insight skills toward key business objectives, we offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive base salary, comprehensive health/vision/dental insurance, participation in our incentive compensation and deferred profit sharing programs as well as a relocation assistance package.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class.
Apply for this job at http://altria.contacthr.com/58504764
View More Altria Jobs
9 days 3 hours ago
applyAdvanced Social Scientist Altria Group, Inc. - Richmond, VA, United States
Altria Group is focused on setting standards and priorities for our companies, including valuing and respecting employees, working to reduce the harm associated with cigarettes and other tobacco products and partnering locally to improve the quality of life in the communities where we do business.
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Richmond, VA:
- View More Jobs in Richmond, VA
- More Advanced Social Scientist Jobs in Richmond, VA
- More Healthcare Jobs in Richmond, VA
- More Altria Group, Inc. Jobs in Richmond, VA
View More Jobs in Virginia:
- View More Jobs in Virginia
- More Advanced Social Scientist Jobs in Virginia
- More Healthcare Jobs in Richmond, VA
- More Altria Group, Inc. Jobs in Virginia