Administrative Specialist IIDuke Energy Corporation - Burlington, NC
More than a career - a chance to make a difference in peoples lives.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us help us make a
difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke
Energy team, where youll find a friendly work environment,
opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work,
and competitive pay and benefits.
This position provides clerical and administrative support to
management and operations personnel at a district office or corporate
department. The incumbent may also be responsible for coordinating
special events and programs in support of community outreach and
company-wide initiatives. The Administrative Specialist works under
direction and supervision of management to assist with the
department/district operational activities in providing services to
customers and achieving business goals. The incumbent comes in contact
with external customers, contractors and visitors as well as internal
employees at all levels of the organization.
* Timely and accurately enter data into systems.
* Maintain files and records.
* Respond to inquiries from other employees or external parties or
route to the appropriate person.
* Schedule meetings and make travel arrangements. May coordinate
maintenance or repair work for facilities.
* Coordinate calendar for facilities and other activities as
requested by Building Services department.
* Operate and maintain office equipment.
* Receive, sort and distribute mail.
* Compose correspondence and respond to routine requests/inquiries
as directed by management.
* Compile reports of data and check for accuracy. Verify
discrepancies and make corrections.
* Serve as the primary contact for inspections and construction
* Process invoices and check requests or other accounting related
* Process credit checks and file for job permits when necessary.
* Assist in the formulation of budgets and monitor for accuracy of
* Process third-party damages.
* Assist other employees with reporting of expenses.
* Track and report time for payroll purposes.
* Order and maintain inventory of office supplies.
* Perform on-going program maintenance for corporate initiatives
such as wellness and safety.
* Plan and coordinate activities for special events.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
* Knowledge of office practices, procedures and office equipment
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Professional appearance and telephone manner
* Ability to interact with other employees at all levels as well as
with the public, contractors, vendors and representatives from
* Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
* Associate s degree or training in office administration or
* Prior work experience in the utility industry
Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable)
Visa Sponsored Position
Posting Expiration Date
Friday, May 18, 2018
All job postings expire at 12:01 AM on the posting expiration date.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must
possess all of the basic/required qualifications.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
10 days 6 hours ago
applyAdministrative Specialist II Duke Energy Corporation - Burlington, NC, United States
Duke Energy makes life better for millions of people every day by providing electric and gas services in a sustainable way – affordable, reliable and clean. We are the largest electric power holding company in the United States, supplying and delivering energy to approximately 7.2 million U.S. customers. We have approximately 57,700 megawatts of electric generating capacity in the Carolinas, the Midwest and Florida – and natural gas distribution services in Ohio and Kentucky. Our commercial and international businesses own and operate diverse power generation assets in North America and Latin America, including a portfolio of renewable energy assets.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Credit/ SOS Coordinator (PT)
- Sr. DevOps Cloud Engineer
- DevOps Engineer
View More Jobs in Burlington, NC:
- View More Jobs in Burlington, NC
- More Administrative Specialist II Jobs in Burlington, NC
- More Duke Energy Corporation Jobs in Burlington, NC
View More Jobs in North Carolina:
- View More Jobs in North Carolina
- More Administrative Specialist II Jobs in North Carolina
- More Duke Energy Corporation Jobs in North Carolina