Administrative AssistantGreen Plains Renewable Energy. - Baltimore, MD
Green Plains, through our wholly owned subsidiary Fleischmann’s Vinegar Company provides specialized ingredient solutions for leading food and feed manufacturers. Green Plains Inc. is a publicly traded Fortune 1000, diversified commodity processing business with agribusiness, ethanol production, cattle feed lot operations, commodity marketing, and distribution services. We are a growth company and the second largest consolidated owner of ethanol production facilities in the world. Currently we are recruiting for the position of Administrative Assistant at our Fleischmann's Vinegar Plant in Baltimore, MD
Position: Administrative Assistant
Location: Baltimore, MD
Provide high-level administrative support by inputting information in to the computer system, completing various reports, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, supporting other positions within the department and helping with the Customer Service Desk.
• Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes, e-mail, documents, letters and invoices.
• Perform general office duties such as ordering office supplies, maintaining records management systems and performing data entry in to the AS400 as well as other computer systems.
• Purchasing, ordering and receiving raw materials, lab supplies and entering in AS400.
• Provide back-up/relief for transportation department –i.e. Work with bulk carriers, prepare bills of ladings, boarder paperwork, labels and all associated shipping paperwork for outbound loads.
• File and retrieve corporate documents, records and reports.
• Correspond with vendors on a regular basis.
• Input payroll and maintain vacation accruals for the Plant.
• Maintain various logs as well as utility analysis.
• Track incoming raw/finished goods, and other data for month end control and reporting.
• A/P -Process all incoming bills and compile month-end freight accrual reports.
• Maintain customer shipment spreadsheet.
• Compose correspondence for department.
• Interact with Plant Personnel to provide necessary information to meet department goals.
• Assist Plant Manager/Superintendent with various reports, projects and liaison with Corporate Office as needed..
• Computer Skills: Intermediate Word and Excel proficiency.
• Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Writing – Impeccable communication as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others
• Active Listening – Giving full attention to what customers and co-workers are saying, taking the time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate.
• Detail Oriented – Ability to catch inconsistencies and correct errors.
Minimum high school diploma.
Three to five years administrative responsibilities.
Through Green Plains Inc, Fleischmann's offers competitive pay; a generous benefit package; paid holidays, vacation and sick time; a retirement savings plan; flexible spending accounts; a business casual attire work environment; and free parking.
Interested applicants, please apply online at www.gpreinc.com/careers
All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
13 days 17 hours ago
applyAdministrative Assistant Green Plains Renewable Energy. - Baltimore, MD, United States
Green Plains is a vertically-integrated ethanol producer based in Omaha, Nebraska. We currently have an ethanol production capacity of approximately 1.0 billion gallons per year with our 12 plants located in Atkinson, Nebraska; Bluffton, Indiana; Central City, Nebraska; Fairmont, Minnesota; Fergus Falls, Minnesota; Lakota, Iowa; Obion, Tennessee; Ord, Nebraska; Riga, Michigan; Shenandoah, Iowa; Superior, Iowa; and Wood River, Nebraska. We also operate an independent third party ethanol marketing business, Green Plains Trade.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Administrative Assistant
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
- Senior Administrative Assistant
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
- Assistant Front Office Manager
View More Jobs in Baltimore, MD:
- View More Jobs in Baltimore, MD
- More Administrative Assistant Jobs in Baltimore, MD
- More Green Plains Renewable Energy. Jobs in Baltimore, MD
View More Jobs in Maryland:
- View More Jobs in Maryland
- More Administrative Assistant Jobs in Maryland
- More Green Plains Renewable Energy. Jobs in Maryland