Account-Manager-Security-ProfessionalSecuritas. - Chicago, IL
Our employees are the key to our success and have the ability to receive a variety of training and tools that will help them grow in the industry. Our company is a great place to start if you have a desire to help people, are interested in working for a great company, and have an outstanding customer service background.
The Downtown Chicago office has an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager for one of our premier clients. Ideal candidates would possess professional business acumen, strong leadership skills and possess our core company values. This position should have experience managing a Profit and Loss statement.
Essential Job Functions:
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Serves as a key point of client contact to ensure the delivery of high quality customer service for assigned account; evaluates service quality and initiates any necessary corrective action in a timely manner.
- Meets regularly with client representatives for status updates; addresses any actual or potential problems; assists line management in negotiation of client contract; provides support during client start-up; supports security planning, assessments and surveys; reviews and updates post orders.
- Oversees, coordinates with line management, and participates in the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, development and retention of high caliber staff; acts to ensure that each staff member is treated with dignity and respect; plans, assigns, and directs work; coaches employees and carries out disciplinary actions, as necessary.
- Assists in development and administration of budget in relation to assigned account.
- Maintains a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures; acts to ensure that staff members understand and comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Within scope of client contract and assigned duties, authorizes appropriate expenditures including equipment, supplies, and vehicles; acts to ensure that vehicles are properly maintained and administers driver training; acts to ensure that there is an adequate inventory of uniforms, radios, and other supplies and equipment; maintains and submits payroll records and other associate and business information.
- Prepares and coordinates staffing schedules for account, in collaboration with line management as necessary; acts to ensure that scheduling is handled effectively to meet client requirements while controlling labor costs; reviews Security Officer site reports to verify post orders and client directives have been satisfactorily followed; personally inspects all posts as part the evaluation of security staff.
- Provides input to company initiatives; promptly assists in the resolution of legal, financial, human resources, and administrative issues.
- Performs tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned account.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Performs a variety of management functions for assigned account; may be assigned a rank, as defined by client contract. Does not perform Security Officer duties except on a limited, relief or emergency basis.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing
- Requirements for Security Officers.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet requirements for specific skills, certifications or
- Authorizations specified for the assigned site.
- Knowledge of security operations and procedures.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures.
- Ability to supervise staff, including assigning work and providing training and discipline.
- Ability to provide positive direction and motivate performance.
- Understanding of a variety of security and safety devices and controls.
- Ability to learn quickly and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Ability to track and maintain schedule assignments.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Courteous telephone manner.
- Ability to adapt to various sites and changes in post procedures.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong customer service and results orientation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with clients, at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
Employment Type Full-Time
Pay Type Year
Pay Rate $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 /Year
Store Type Other
Securitas is the most locally-focused security company in the United States, with over 640 local branch managers and approximately 86,000 security officers who provide unmatched security solutions to meet the specific needs of thousands of businesses. Securitas USAs core business is security services. Our main service offering categories are specialized guarding, mobile guarding, remote guarding and corporate risk management.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
13 days 23 hours ago
applyAccount-Manager-Security-Professional Securitas. - Chicago, IL, United States
Securitas AB provides security services in North America, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. The company operates through three segments: Security Services North America, Security Services Europe, and Security Services Ibero-America. It primarily offers specialized guarding and mobile services, monitoring, technical, and consulting and investigations solutions. It serves customers operating in various sectors, such as aviation, construction, cultural, education, energy, entertainment, events, financial, healthcare, hotels and tourism, industry and manufacturing, IT and high-tech, logistics, maritime, residential, and retail sectors; and offices, public agencies, and small and medium-sized enterprises. The company has a strategic alliance with California Association of Licensed Security Agencies. Securitas AB was founded in 1934 and is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden.
Jobs You Might Also Like
- Security Guard/Officer - Flexible Scheduling
- Security Guard/Officer - Flexible Scheduling
Oakbrook Terrace, IL
- Security Supervisor \/ Operations Assistant - Chicago, IL
- Security Area Account Manager - Retail
View More Jobs in Chicago, IL:
- View More Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Account Manager Security Professional Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Security Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Securitas. Jobs in Chicago, IL
View More Jobs in Illinois:
- View More Jobs in Illinois
- More Account Manager Security Professional Jobs in Illinois
- More Security Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Securitas. Jobs in Illinois