Account Manager, Genomics - ILAgilent Technologies, Inc. - Chicago, IL
Agilent is a leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets. The company provides laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise, enabling customers to gain the insights they seek. Agilent’s expertise and trusted collaboration give them the highest confidence in our solutions. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
The Diagnostic and Genomics Group (DGG) is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, self-motivated and people-oriented individual to join our successful and dynamic Americas Field Operation (AFO) as a Genomics Account Manager.
As a Genomics Account Manager, you will be responsible for driving sales of both research and clinical genomics reagents, instrumentation, services and software within the assigned geography. As an integral member of the field sales team, you will use your excellent technical sales track record to focus on acquiring new customers, while retaining and growing the existing installed base of customers. You will be expected to develop and implement successful strategies and tactics to sell complex Genomics workflow solutions across the Research to Clinical continuum. In collaboration with your regional Genomics team, you will also maintain and expand relationships with strategically important large customers in the assigned territory, such as key research institutes, reference laboratories, biotech/pharmaceutical companies, Contract Research Organizations (CROs), consortia and other organizations, in line with Agilent's corporate strategy.
• Drive sales of high-performance Genomics end-to-end workflows, comprised of consumables, capital equipment, services and software for Array CGH, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and CRISPR Gene Editing.
• Effectively prospect to find and close new opportunities in existing and new accounts.
• Effectively manage a funnel of leads and opportunities in CRM and provide an accurate monthly sales forecast and territory narrative.
• Develop and execute a territory business plan that will enable Agilent to gain market share and achieve sales goals in the territory.
• Collaborate with the Field Marketing team to organize and advertise regional promotions and awareness events within the territory (e.g. workshops, seminars, etc.).
• Conduct product presentations and instrument demonstrations with and without Product Specialist (PS) and Field Applications Scientist (FAS) assistance.
• Provide constructive feedback from customers into Agilent to help guide continual development of cutting-edge products that address evolving customer needs.
• Understand Genomics applications in Basic and Clinical Research, Molecular and Companion Diagnostics, Government/Non-Profit, and Biotech/Pharmaceutical market segments and recognize trends that impact buying of Agilent products.
• Cultivate and maintain strategic customer relationships.
• Participate and be an active member in regional discussion groups and forums.
• BS/MS/PhD in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Hands-on, laboratory experience with NGS and/or CGH microarrays a plus.
• Strong knowledge of Precision Medicine, Cancer Diagnostics and the Clinical Genomics space.
• 4 years direct sales experience with a demonstrated track record of successfully selling Genomics reagent portfolios and capital equipment in to clinical genetics, molecular pathology as well as clinical research laboratories.
• Experience selling In Vitro Diagnostics (IVDs) to hospital and/or reference laboratories desired.
• Industry/Application expertise. Working knowledge of competitive products (specifications, applications, value propositions).
• Previous experience working with customer purchasing teams to manage effective contract negotiations.
• Ability to interface at all levels within an organization for both internal/external customers.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills (verbal and written).
• Highly motivated, with excellent self-management, organizational and prioritization skills.
• Demonstrated track record of achieving quota.
• Strong business development and sales closing skills.
• Ability to collaborate and work within a team selling environment to achieve territory sales goals.
• Must be able to travel up to 40% of the time.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact 1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
6 days 17 hours ago
applyAccount Manager, Genomics - IL Agilent Technologies, Inc. - Chicago, IL, United States
Agilent is a leader in life sciences, diagnostics and applied chemical markets. The company provides laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise, enabling customers to gain the insights they seek. Agilent’s expertise and trusted collaboration give them the highest confidence in our solutions. Agilent focuses its expertise on six key markets, where we help our customers achieve their goals:
Jobs You Might Also Like
View More Jobs in Chicago, IL:
- View More Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Account Manager Genomics IL Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Sales Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Agilent Technologies, Inc. Jobs in Chicago, IL
View More Jobs in Illinois:
- View More Jobs in Illinois
- More Account Manager Genomics IL Jobs in Illinois
- More Sales Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More Agilent Technologies, Inc. Jobs in Illinois