APLA Real Estate Senior AccountantNike, Inc - Portland, OR
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it's about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Today, the opportunities for growth across Nike's business portfolio offer more potential than ever. Nike Finance employees play a key role in that progress by identifying and capitalizing on opportunities to drive value for every Nike shareholder. They manage accounting and reporting for Nike's multi-billion-dollar global investment portfolio, debt and equity instruments, and other Treasury activities. They strategize, forecast, audit, analyze, budget, research and lead important decisions. Across Nike's diverse geographies and businesses, Finance employees deliver far more than just the numbers.
As the APLA Real Estate Senior Accountant, you will play a key role within the Controllership function responsible for ensuring that the organization recognizes cash spend associated with strategic and large-scale lease related transactions in accordance with US GAAP and NIKE Accounting Policy. You'll actively assist in vetting and communicating all relevant technical accounting considerations present in strategy. You will participate as a key team member and subject matter expert as the organization executes global real estate and direct to consumer strategies. You'll assist with the design, implementation and support of sustainable controlling processes to enable ongoing growth and complexity as NIKE's strategic investment portfolio expands and scales to enable NIKE, Inc.'s growth trajectory.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
• Execute accounting processes and maintain effective internal controls around the tracking and accounting for lease related spend, including technical accounting considerations related to complex contracts, operating vs. capital leases, and build to suit lease transactions, in accordance with US GAAP and NIKE Accounting Policy
• Identify financial statement risks and independently research through engagement with key business partners to develop proposed solutions
• Perform period close activities, including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and analytic reviews
• Proactively seek information about strategic investments and advise on financial and technical accounting implications of business decisions
• Prepare monthly supporting schedules for the organization, as well as quarterly reporting schedules for external reporting
• Assist with the creation and documentation of accounting policies and internal control framework
• Drive continuous improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of accounting processes and financial reporting
• Participate in review of monthly, quarterly and annual operational results; continuously add value and be seen as a credible and trusted business partner
• Clearly and concisely communicate judgmental accounting conclusions, shifts in business strategy and recommended improvements to accounting policy and process to NIKE Controlling leadership
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
• 4-6 years minimum of experience in accounting or related functions
• Big 4 public accounting experience is strongly preferred
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
• Experience with SAP is strongly preferred
• Experience with lease accounting and capital expenditures is preferred
• Strong enthusiasm and passion for the NIKE brand
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate status, issues, and risks with senior leadership
• Strong project management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong ability to seek information and problem solve
• Standout can do attitude and enthusiasm to drive and innovate process
• Ability to pass a 7 year background check
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
8 days 5 hours ago
applyAPLA Real Estate Senior Accountant Nike, Inc - Portland, OR, United States
NIKE, Inc. is the world’s leading innovator in athletic footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories. NIKE, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design, development, marketing, and sale of athletic footwear, apparel, equipment, and accessories, as well as in the provision of services to men, women, and kids worldwide. The company offers products in seven categories, including running, basketball, football, mens training, womens training, NIKE sportswear, and action sports Under the NIKE and Jordan brand names. It also markets products designed for kids, as well as for other athletic and recreational uses, such as baseball, cricket, golf, lacrosse, outdoor activities, football, tennis, volleyball, walking, and wrestling. The company was founded in 1964 and is headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon.
View More Jobs in Portland, OR:
- View More Jobs in Portland, OR
- More APLA Real Estate Senior Accountant Jobs in Portland, OR
- More Accounting Jobs in Portland, OR
- More Nike, Inc Jobs in Portland, OR
View More Jobs in Oregon:
- View More Jobs in Oregon
- More APLA Real Estate Senior Accountant Jobs in Oregon
- More Accounting Jobs in Portland, OR
- More Nike, Inc Jobs in Oregon