ABM Summer College Internship Program-Education Services Human Resources DepartmentABM Industries Inc. - Chicago, IL
Responsibilities & Requirements
The Talent Management Intern will gain hands on experience working in several key areas specific to employee sourcing, candidate recruitment, screening and on-boarding. The intern will be assigned to a mixture of special projects and some core job function areas intended to build knowledge and capacity in the skills, systems, and procedures needed to sustain best practices in hiring and HR.
Scope of Responsibilities:
* Work directly with Human Resources team on all elements of the hiring process
* Assist the team with social media and career fair management
* Learn the practical application of:
o Steps in the recruiting and hiring process including: posting job openings, reviewing resumes, conducting reference checks, etc.
o The importance of employment law and compliance, especially regarding employment eligibility, confidentiality, and proper maintenance of employee files
* Follow all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to managing visitors and guests at our facilities.
* Complete all child abuse prevention training as required.
* Support the YMCA's mission and center operations as needed.
* Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (Human Resources, Management, I/O Psychlogy)
* Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
* Ability to learn and use new database systems and applications
* Proficiency in Excel, Pivot Tables, Database Management
* Social Media Savvy
* Proven success working with others in a team setting
* Organized and possess the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent communication, organization, project/time management and interpersonal skills
Be a part of our mission.
The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness and healthy living. Our network of 20 membership centers, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs at 100 sites in the city and suburbs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow.
applyABM Summer College Internship Program-Education Services Human Resources Department ABM Industries Inc. - Chicago, IL, United States
With over 100 years of facility solutions experience, we continue to serve thousands of clients across the U.S. and in over 20 international locations. ABM offers: ABM is one of the largest facility management services providers in the U.S. We offer state-of-the-art, dependable building maintenance services cost effectively. Our substantial base of long-term clients demonstrates the importance that we place on building enduring relationships. As an ABM client, you have the advantage of obtaining multiple services under one contract with a single point of contact, making it easy for you to outsource these functions without administrative headaches. We provide any combination of services on a local, regional or national basis.
View More Jobs in Chicago, IL:
- View More Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More ABM Summer College Internship Program Education Services Human Resources Department Jobs in Chicago, IL
- More ABM Industries Inc. Jobs in Chicago, IL
View More Jobs in Illinois:
- View More Jobs in Illinois
- More ABM Summer College Internship Program Education Services Human Resources Department Jobs in Illinois
- More ABM Industries Inc. Jobs in Illinois